Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

here you go this is out of opencore/Docs/AcpiSamples/Binaries

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 63
Thanks for the fast answer @tedyun - unfortunately I can't find that SSDT-BRG0.aml file in my EFI/ACPI folder, neither in the OpenCore releases and also not in the post here, which I used to build my system: [SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390
Hi @6rollo6

You have to look in the official OpenCore release package, not in the EFI. After you download it from the Acidanthera Github site, then unzip it, you should have a folder called OpenCore-0.7.8-RELEASE.

The SSDT-BRG0.aml file is in the Docs > AcpiSamples > Binaries folder.

Here it is, just in case you can't find it.

Edit: What @zappy39 said! :D

Ted

Attachments

• SSDT-BRG0.aml
    108 bytes · Views: 74
Hey @djlild7hina I have another SSDT/AML compiling problem outside of the GPU scope, and was wondering if you could take a look since you saved my butt. I bought a GC Titan Ridge 2.0 Thunderbolt card for my Hackintosh, and also flashed it with the custom firmware to get it to load on cold boot etc. However, the SSDT that is provided I don't think matches any of the PCI Bridging issues in my Registry.

Would you be able to take a look at it? Also happy to move this to a direct message, but figured someone else might have the same issue, and it'd at least pop up on google for them.

Below is the SSDT that's provided, and then a screenshot of my IORegistry. The card is supposed to show up as an Apple Native TB3, versus the Gigabyte information.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 11.24.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 11.24.13 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 98
  • SSDT-TBOLT3.aml
    1.6 KB · Views: 74
despite having one of best 6900XTs out there, my scores are no where some of you guys get, gimped by PCI express 3.0 coffee lake cpu...Still waiting til summer to see where things go though, especially with 12.3 only making matters worse.

I see all the fancy aldor lake builds, but at same time I have to come to decision on whether this summer am i buying an M1 Max Quadro mac pro, or a brand new beast of a hack build I can transfer my 6900XT into (which would hopefully have DDR5 more available by then too)

That's interesting because I'm still rocking a legacy board, and have my 6900XT plugged into a PCI 2.0x16 slot. I've been getting top of the notch metal scores on Geekbench.

Hey @djlild7hina I have another SSDT/AML compiling problem outside of the GPU scope, and was wondering if you could take a look since you saved my butt. I bought a GC Titan Ridge 2.0 Thunderbolt card for my Hackintosh, and also flashed it with the custom firmware to get it to load on cold boot etc. However, the SSDT that is provided I don't think matches any of the PCI Bridging issues in my Registry.

Would you be able to take a look at it? Also happy to move this to a direct message, but figured someone else might have the same issue, and it'd at least pop up on google for them.

Below is the SSDT that's provided, and then a screenshot of my IORegistry. The card is supposed to show up as an Apple Native TB3, versus the Gigabyte information.

Thanks again.

Not sure if this will work but you can try it.

Attachments

• SSDT-TBOLT3.aml
    1.5 KB · Views: 48
Hey. could somone test Davinci Resolves HEVC encoding with the "Main10" profile. I won't get this working on my Hackintosh. My Vega64 nor my 6900 XT (both are SMBIOS iMacPro) will not transcode 10Bit HEVC codec using the GPU. It's CPU based (around 8fps).
The Original iMac (5700XT) and iMacPro (Vega56) utilizes the GPU for encoding (+100fps).

I tried different boot args without success. Kext and OC are uptodate.

I Just found out if I use Geekbench as soon as my pc boot up I got metal score of 186831 best score for me yet!

I got a 6900 XT (XTXH), I did the device-id thing but I still get so low metal scores:

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 12.31.39.png

And the extensions are updated:
Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 12.36.21.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ULTRA
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-11700K
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 6900 XT GAMING Z TRIO

Can someone help me to figure it out why I got those low results?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 80
  • PCI Dump Hackingtool.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 43
  • System Dump.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I got a 6900 XT (XTXH), I did the device-id thing but I still get so low metal scores:

MSI Radeon RX 6900 XT GAMING Z TRIO

Can someone help me to figure it out why I got those low results?

Any chance you're running one of the 12.3 betas?

My scores are half what they are in 12.2, this is not a good sign, thought it was just me as no-one else has reported the problem. Seems like a driver change. I'm running a stock 6900 XT.

Any chance you're running one of the 12.3 betas?

My scores are half what they are in 12.2, this is not a good sign, thought it was just me as no-one else has reported the problem. Seems like a driver change. I'm running a stock 6900 XT.
Yeah, I do have 12.3 beta, but did u run the benchmark on 12.2 and have better results?

Back