Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Yes, when I boot into 12.2 score is 195k, but on 12.3 they are 95k.
to downgrade to 12.2 I must reinstall the whole SO? Or there is something that I can do?

As far as I know that is correct, there is no going back unless you made a complete backup (clone).
Already downgraded and I confirm what u said about 12.3 beta causes a GPU malfunctioning. With 12.2 I got 193k

Already downgraded and I confirm what u said about 12.3 beta causes a GPU malfunctioning. With 12.2 I got 193k
Hello, Do you got any temp issue with your z trio ?
Like much high idle temps than in windows?
I got that with the 5700 xt (and the vega befor it), apparently Osx video driver make the memomry run at max speed when connected to a monitor that do more than 1080P 60Hz. But I can do a little something about it.
So I am wondering if it is still the case with these RDNA2 graphic card.

Last edited:
Hi @6rollo6

You have to look in the official OpenCore release package, not in the EFI. After you download it from the Acidanthera Github site, then unzip it, you should have a folder called OpenCore-0.7.8-RELEASE.

The SSDT-BRG0.aml file is in the Docs > AcpiSamples > Binaries folder.

Here it is, just in case you can't find it.

Edit: What @zappy39 said! :D

Thanks @tedyun @zappy39 , got it! :)

My XFX 6900 XTXH will arrive in 1 or 2 days, what will be the procedure to get it running? Do I have to make any settings before I replace my 5700XT with the 6900XTXH or shell I install the card right away and contact you afterwards?

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it!!

Edit: My SYSTEM/PCIE dumps + EFI attached

Attachments

• 6rollo6_System-Dump-Hackintool.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 6rollo6_PCIe-Dump-Hackintool.zip
    11 KB · Views: 44
  • 6rollo6_EFI.zip
    77.1 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Thanks @tedyun @zappy39 , got it! :)

My XFX 6900 XTXH will arrive in 1 or 2 days, what will be the procedure to get it running? Do I have to make any settings before I replace my 5700XT with the 6900XTXH or shell I install the card right away and contact you afterwards?

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it!!

Edit: My SYSTEM/PCIE dumps + EFI attached

Hi @6rollo6

I modified your EFI:

Changes:

1. Renamed updated config.plist to 6rollo6 config.plist
2. Added SSDT-BRG0.aml to ACPI folder
3. Added entry into 6rollo6 config.plist Root > ACPI > Add > 0 in order to enable SSDT-BRG0
4. Added entry into 6rollo6 config.plist Root > DeviceProperties > Add > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) to enable spoof

I would take the modified EFI, put it on the EFI partition of a test USB, add your serial etc back into the 6rollo6 config.plist, then rename it to config.plist and boot from that USB.

The only thing you need to check is that the ACPI path to your card is the same as other Designaires. It should be. So far, the Gigabyte Z390's seem to all use the same ACPI path. To check, use IORegistryExplorer, then search for GFX0. If you want us to confirm the path, just post a screenshot of the IORegistryExplorer window up here.

Let us know if it works!

Ted

Attachments

• 6rollo6_EFI.zip
    77.1 MB · Views: 126
Hi @6rollo6

I modified your EFI:
WOW, thank you very much!! @tedyun :headbang:I will receive and test the card tomorrow.

To check, use IORegistryExplorer, then search for GFX0. If you want us to confirm the path, just post a screenshot of the IORegistryExplorer window up here.

Attached, thanks!

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer.png
    IORegistryExplorer.png
    449.4 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
WOW, thank you very much!! @tedyun :headbang:I will receive and test the card tomorrow.

Attached, thanks!

Your ACPI path looks like it should be compatible with the SSDT-BRG0.aml, so no tweaking necessary!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Ted

Attachments

• Geekbench.png
    Geekbench.png
    210.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Back