Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] P1LGRIM’s Progress Build: i7 4770K - GA-Z87X-UD3H - 16GB RAM - GTX760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Hint taken.

Can you at least point me in the right direction to figure this out? I know you don't have to do anything for me. I don't want to come across as entitled. I won't push the issue any further.

Thanks for all your help

Thank you so much.

Also, another thing to mention about the freeze issue, it seemed to happen very soon after sleep. Not sure if that changes anything.

Also, great links, I will definitely check them out and read them thoroughly. Can you recommend a place to start in terms of adding the correct settings for Clover's bootloader? I.e. this:

Screen shot 2015-04-07 at 2.11.59 PM.png

Thanks again. You're a huge help!

Also, out of pure curiosity, what's your day job? Or are you a student?

Also, another thing to mention about the freeze issue, it seemed to happen very soon after sleep. Not sure if that changes anything.

Try disabling sleep completely and see if it has any effect.

Can you recommend a place to start in terms of adding the correct settings for Clover's bootloader?
I used the settings in the http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html guide initially.

Best advice is make small changes and only change one thing at a time, that way you can assess the result of the change and choose to accept or reject it before moving on.

One thing that may or may not have a bearing on the issue is the ATX4P connector.
I had the lead available so I plugged it in - I doubt that it has an effect but I just thought I'd mention it.

Attachments

• ATX4P.png
    ATX4P.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 141
Thank you! If I'm able to get all this stuff working and stable (say, for a month or more) I may consider putting together a guide on here to give back a little.

Thanks

Accidentally shut off the power to my PC on the breaker in my apartment. Ever since then have been getting random freezes. Do you think this is a coincidence? Or related? When the freezes occur, nothing is shown in the console log. I'm thinking it could be RAM-related as you mentioned. I notice when I use XMP profile 1, it bumps up my GHz on my processor above advertised values. I'm wondering if that's to blame?

Accidentally shut off the power to my PC on the breaker in my apartment. Ever since then have been getting random freezes. Do you think this is a coincidence? Or related? When the freezes occur, nothing is shown in the console log. I'm thinking it could be RAM-related as you mentioned. I notice when I use XMP profile 1, it bumps up my GHz on my processor above advertised values. I'm wondering if that's to blame?

Power problems can affect the CMOS settings - I would suggest a reset to be sure things are ok there.
I wouldn't attempt to use the XMP profile 1 until you have a stable build without it, that way you can tell if that is what is causing you problems.

Also, repair permissions on your boot disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back