Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Opus i9 Build: Gigabyte Gaming X Z390 - i9-9900K - Radeon RX 6900 XT Ultimate

Happy Easter Monday!
Opencore 0.8.0 is released :)

It coincides with the saddest day of the year here in US: Tax filing day.

I'll try to get it out by today or tomorrow.

Ted

@thepawn - I am having problems with the new OC 0.8.0. I'm sure it's just a typo somewhere but I don't have the time at the moment to suss it out.

I uploaded my 0.7.6 OC that is working well. Over the weekend, I updated my USBPorts.kext. I had a few things incorrect, although functionally, I don't see a difference.

If you use my config.plist, make sure to add your own:

PlatformInfo > ROM
PlatformInfo > SystemSerialNumber
PlatformInfo > SystemUUID

Happy Easter Monday!
Opencore 0.8.0 is released :)

@thepawn - I updated my EFI to OpenCore 0.8.0. Please read the update at the bottom of my original post. Particularly if you want to use my config.plist, with the OC 0.7.6 version that I uploaded yesterday, I had a sPPT that is specific for my Radeon 6900XTXH that I forgot to delete. So if you didn't check it first, you may have problems with your video card.

Also, I updated my USBPorts.kext, which was incorrect. I've uploaded this individual kext in the original post.

thanks a lot for your work.
since I don't have a 6900xt (but a rx570), I deleted the PCIROOT entry.
I run ocvalidate and found the following:
Kernel->Add[0] discovers NVMeFix.kext, but its Parent (Lilu.kext) is either placed after it or is missing!

CheckKernel returns 1 error!

this is fixed in ProperTree, by putting Lilu as first (element 0 in the array), and then the rest (nvmefix and Lilu are swapped)

OpenUsbKbDxe.efi at UEFI->Drivers[5] should NEVER be used together with UEFI->Input->KeySupport!

CheckUefi returns 1 error!

for this I disabled the openusbkb driver (changed enabled to false), since the builtin key support is enable; in the documentation, they are showing as alternatives that cannot be used together.

the computer is sometimes freezing when rebooting or shutting down, does it happen to you as well?
I can shut it down with the power button (long press), but then it complains when I start it the next time

the computer is sometimes freezing when rebooting or shutting down, does it happen to you as well?
I can shut it down with the power button (long press), but then it complains when I start it the next time
Hi @thepawn

Sorry about the ocvalidate problems. I had to change a few things around to make a shareable version and I should remember to check it after. I'm not even sure I use NVMefix. I forgot why I added that, and it may have been when some people were trying to fix the TRIM issue with the Samsungs.

With the OpenUsbKbDxe.efi, I think I get this error all the time too. I keep meaning to look into it. My EFI was based on pastrychef's version, so he may have had this at one point. Or I may have been trying all sorts of stuff at one point.

The only problem I have with my rig is losing connection with my Magic Mouse after reboot, and this happens intermittently, perhaps once out of every 5 reboots. I constantly reboot my rig because I switch over to the Windows side.

I think there must be a way to check the activity log in Terminal. You can see where it is hanging when shutting down. I'm not aware of the command myself, but there must be some knowledge out there.

I just noticed your sig -- are you using the MacPro SMBIOS? I'm using the iMac 19.1 definition. Maybe try switching to that and see if it mitigates the issue? If you switch SMBIOS's remember to generate a new serial, etc.

Thanks a lot for your great replies!
I cleaned up a bit the kext folder by removing the unnecessary ones, and added instead what I needed (for example the one for the 10gbit Solarflare card) ; I used OCSnapshot in Propertree to update the config.plist.
I use the iMac 19,1 SMBIOS as well, and properly generated all needed data. Monterey is installed on a NVME drive.
On the same system, but on another SSD, I still have the old install with Clover and Catalina: over there, I used the iMacPro SMBIOS. I'll keep it as a backup in case of problems, or in case specific software runs better with that combo.

I think it freezes when I reboot, not when I shutdown; I'll try to just shutdown all the time and see if it happens again.
Another weird thing: I have 2 monitor plugged to the DP ports of my RX 570, and everything is fine. At one point I tried instead using the HDMI port on the mainboard, since you patched the framebuffer: the port works, but the screen was showing erratic behavior, so I put them back on the DP ports.
I like to keep that HDMI only as a backup in case the video card fails :)

I enjoy a lot my build overal, thanks a lot for your help!

Back