Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Opus i9 Build: Gigabyte Gaming X Z390 - i9-9900K - Radeon RX 6900 XT Ultimate

Does that setting work? I have a liquid cooler and the fan is manually set between low, med and high. I don't really have experience with setting the fan speed in MacOS.

What kind of cooler are you using?

Is it the CPU fans or case fans?
I have a Cooler Master Liquid Cooler with 2 120mm fans, more 3 funs of 120mm.
I've installed now HWmonitor to check temperatures and fans rotations. Temps at 32°C and fans at 800-1000rpm.

Hmmm ... at low setting, my fan is at 2100 rpm. Maybe they're functioning normally?

I've installed now HWmonitor to check temperatures and fans rotations. Temps at 32°C and fans at 800-1000rpm.

@Rynborg : not sure if Mac OS can control the fans. Remember, you are tricking it into thinking you're running an iMac, so the situation may be different.

Just perusing some Google searches other hackintoshers have had success with Macs Fan Control (https://crystalidea.com/macs-fan-control)

Hi @tedyun , I have a problem related to coming back from sleep, when I come back there is no image on the motherboard HDMI, I have to disconnect the monitor HDMI cable from the motherboard and connect again. Have you had this problem?

I just tested it, and I do have that problem! I actually don't usually use the mobo HDMI out because I have a video card.

Let me look at it and see if I can come up with a fix.

Hi @tedyun , I have a problem related to coming back from sleep, when I come back there is no image on the motherboard HDMI, I have to disconnect the monitor HDMI cable from the motherboard and connect again. Have you had this problem?

@Rynborg : the best that I could come up with is using the Whatevergreen boot flag igfxonln=1, but it doesn't go to sleep properly. It powers down for a second then wakes up.

It might be because the versions of Lilu and WEG are beta, and I am not sure if they are compatible with the latest Catalina yet. The problem seems to come with some OS updates. Maybe you will have to wait until the stable releases of Lilu and WEG come out.

@Rynborg : the best that I could come up with is using the Whatevergreen boot flag igfxonln=1, but it doesn't go to sleep properly. It powers down for a second then wakes up.

It might be because the versions of Lilu and WEG are beta, and I am not sure if they are compatible with the latest Catalina yet. The problem seems to come with some OS updates. Maybe you will have to wait until the stable releases of Lilu and WEG come out.
Ok, I'm thinking of buying a graphics card next month. Can you put the computer to sleep and wake it up normally with the graphics card?

I can do it with my Vega 56. I think others have good luck with the 5700 XT (newer, faster) but there are reports that not all the video out ports work on the card.

Ok, I'm thinking of buying a graphics card next month. Can you put the computer to sleep and wake it up normally with the graphics card?

Back