Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Opus i9 Build: Gigabyte Gaming X Z390 - i9-9900K - Radeon RX 6900 XT Ultimate

@Rynborg : acidanthera released the latest versions of their kexts today. You should update them. Specifically, the new Lilu and Whatevergreen seem to fix the wake from sleep issue for me.

You have to use the WEG boot argument igfxonln=1. In the beta versions of the kexts, that flag restore the image, but it didn't go to sleep properly. They seemed to have fixed it where it goes to sleep, stays asleep, then when it wakes, the display signal is restored.

LMK if you need help in configuring it.

@Rynborg : the best that I could come up with is using the Whatevergreen boot flag igfxonln=1, but it doesn't go to sleep properly. It powers down for a second then wakes up.

It might be because the versions of Lilu and WEG are beta, and I am not sure if they are compatible with the latest Catalina yet. The problem seems to come with some OS updates. Maybe you will have to wait until the stable releases of Lilu and WEG come out.

Great, this worked perfectly. Sleep and Wake are working now. Thank you again.
My new Hackintosh is getting better benchmarks then my old Macbook Pro 13 plus a gamer I7 MSI Laptop together.
Running a stable OC from 3.7Ghz to 4.7Ghz.

Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 23.30.15.png

Hello @tedyun, I installed an MSI Vega 64 Air Boost today. Do you have any configuration tips for working with a dedicated card?
I saw your new upgrades.zip files and I was in doubt of some files and if I should use them.. DAGPM.kext and RadeonVega56AirCoolingFansFix.kext

Last edited:
It should work out of the box. If you want to juice the performance and get some extra points on the benchmarks, mattystonnie released an SSDT that will enhance the performance, maybe an extra 10-20%. The Vega-64 SSDT will work with the Vega 56.

The other two kexts are to control the fans. With the SSDT, the fans are spinning at high speed, even under low load. The two texts restore proper fan control.

For an extra boost in performance, you can flash the Vega 56 with the Vega 64 BIOS. This is only for advanced users though. You have to hunt a bit to find the compatible Vega 64 BIOS. You can try the one I used, but YMMV. The first one I tried didn't work, and I thought I bricked my card. The card I have has a DualBIOS feature, where, with a flip of the switch I can select the BIOS. So one BIOS I kept unmodified, and the other one I could flash. Yours should be the same if it's based on the reference design.

Hello @tedyun, I installed an MSI Vega 54 Air Boost today. Do you have any configuration tips for working with a dedicated card?
I saw your new upgrades.zip files and I was in doubt of some files and if I should use them.. DAGPM.kext and RadeonVega56AirCoolingFansFix.kext

@Rynborg : since putting in that bootarg to enable the sleep/wake of the iGPU, does your rig automatically go into deep sleep (power off) anymore? I think mine stopped going into deep sleep. Only the monitors go to sleep.

False alarm! I figured it out!

Last edited:
@Rynborg : since putting in that bootarg to enable the sleep/wake of the iGPU, does your rig automatically go into deep sleep (power off) anymore? I think mine stopped going into deep sleep. Only the monitors go to sleep.

False alarm! I figured it out!
Sorry for responding so late, I was travelling in vacation and returned today. Here sleep is working normally.

It should work out of the box. If you want to juice the performance and get some extra points on the benchmarks, mattystonnie released an SSDT that will enhance the performance, maybe an extra 10-20%. The Vega-64 SSDT will work with the Vega 56.

The other two kexts are to control the fans. With the SSDT, the fans are spinning at high speed, even under low load. The two texts restore proper fan control.

For an extra boost in performance, you can flash the Vega 56 with the Vega 64 BIOS. This is only for advanced users though. You have to hunt a bit to find the compatible Vega 64 BIOS. You can try the one I used, but YMMV. The first one I tried didn't work, and I thought I bricked my card. The card I have has a DualBIOS feature, where, with a flip of the switch I can select the BIOS. So one BIOS I kept unmodified, and the other one I could flash. Yours should be the same if it's based on the reference design.
What SMSbios Mac Version are you using?

IMac 19.1.

My issue was that I had a custom DSDT made for my rig and he put all the Devices into the DSDT. He told me to take out all the injectors but I forgot. So it was one of the Device injectors that was conflicting with the DSDT. Once he pointed that out, it sleeps fine!

What SMSbios Mac Version are you using?

@tedyun

I really need your help please! I actually signed up to this site after reading this thread!

I have set up my Hackintosh and everything is working perfectly, apart from one thing!

iGPU and Hardware Acceleration as a result

My spec is nearly identical to yours:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard
Intel Core i9 9900K
Radeon RX Vega 56

I am currently on OpenCore 0.6.0 with the latest WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts and have followed the official OpenCore guide and have added the correct info under device properties for use of the UHD 630 in headless mode which is how I require it.

Despite all my attempts including changing the UEFI/Bios settings to the relevant amounts for the iGPU it fails to boot randomly. As soon as I disable the iGPU or set it to Auto it boots perfect each and every time.

I have attached my Config.plist and Bios settings screenshot. Please, please can you take a look for me and check if I am doing anything wrong or make any edits if possible.

I would really appreciate your help as I have been pulling my hair out trying to sort out this last issue! Thank you :)

Last edited:
Give this a shot. I think you are using a fork of OC, so this may not work. But what it looks like is that you didn't patch the framebuffer, which I think is necessary for getting the iGPU to work. I added my patch for the Gaming X. If this doesn't work, then there may be some differences in how our OC's are configured. In that case, I'll put together an EFI based on mine.

Have you unlocked your CFG?

@tedyun

I really need your help please! I actually signed up to this site after reading this thread!

I have set up my Hackintosh and everything is working perfectly, apart from one thing!

iGPU and Hardware Acceleration as a result

My spec is nearly identical to yours:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard
Intel Core i9 9900K
Radeon RX Vega 56

I am currently on OpenCore 0.6.0 with the latest WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts and have followed the official OpenCore guide and have added the correct info under device properties for use of the UHD 630 in headless mode which is how I require it.

Despite all my attempts including changing the UEFI/Bios settings to the relevant amounts for the iGPU it fails to boot randomly. As soon as I disable the iGPU or set it to Auto it boots perfect each and every time.

I have attached my Config.plist and Bios settings screenshot. Please, please can you take a look for me and check if I am doing anything wrong or make any edits if possible.

I would really appreciate your help as I have been pulling my hair out trying to sort out this last issue! Thank you :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    21.6 KB · Views: 82
Back