Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Ongoing Status of Designare Z390 with i7-9700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried updating several times, bit ended up every time with a panic. As shown in the picture.
I replaced the kext accordingly, ran kext utility afterwards, then updated clover with the clover updater. Went for the proposed install config, ie not custom. And always end up with a panic.
Can someone help please?
At what point during the update does this occur?
  • Does it occur while booting into the macOS installer?
  • Does it occur after the installer begins to perform the installation and the progress bar is on the screen?
  • When this occurs, what happens if you reboot and select Boot macOS Installer from Mojave to continue the update?

@CaseySJ I haven't attempted any OS updates yet, so I just updated all the mentioned kexts. After that, I ran Kext Utility and followed with a simple reboot to make sure MacOS was still working normally. It ends up giving me the exact same kernel panic that @ndrik provided a screenshot for. Selecting the 'Boot MacOS from Install..." didn't work in my case either. Looks like I'll need to try a few other options – i.e. install my kexts another way, update clover, etc.

I've also restored my primary hard drive with my bootable backup, so i'm right back to where I started with no damage done. (backups are a serious lifesaver!) Will keep the thread updated if I find a successful workaround.

Last edited:
happy holidays to everybody :D I tried today to connect my uad octo satellite using tb3 tb2 adapter and It work like a real Mac... I don't have to do anything and hotplug work perfect ... I am using caseysj config ... now I migrated from an ssd to a m2 970 evo drive and it work perfectly ... I never had any shut down in these days ... the only problem now is that I have to plug and unplug hdmi cable from rx580 to see something after booting .... what is the best way to migrate files from my real Mac mini to this hackintosh ? thank you to all
Hey Logritm, which tb3 tb2 adapter are you using ...? The Apple One ?

Last edited:
I have a Gigabyte aorus z370 gaming 3, i7 9700 9th,rx580 and I can't make it start stays in a line that says IT87xxsensors: startet I wish someone could help me

@CaseySJ I haven't attempted any OS updates yet, so I just updated all the mentioned kexts. After that, I ran Kext Utility and followed with a simple reboot to make sure MacOS was still working normally. It ends up giving me the exact same kernel panic that @ndrik provided a screenshot for. Selecting the 'Boot MacOS from Install..." didn't work in my case either. Looks like I'll need to try a few other options – i.e. install my kexts another way, update clover, etc.

I've also restored my primary hard drive with my bootable backup, so i'm right back to where I started with no damage done. (backups are a serious lifesaver!) Will keep the thread updated if I find a successful workaround.

Update for anyone who needs it.

I was able to solve my kernel panic that a couple others may have been experiencing while trying to update to MacOS 10.14.6 (from 10.14.1).

1. First off, i did all these changes on my cloned bootable backup, and NOT on my primary hard drive. This ensures that if I messed up and had to start all over again (which I did, many times), I could just re-clone it and then do it again differently. So make a bootable backup before doing ANY of this, folks.

2. Updated Clover. During the installation process, I clicked the 'Customize' option to make sure all my existing drivers were checked. To do this, I simply mounted my EFI folder and cross-referenced the drivers I already had listed in my ~EFI/Clover/drivers folder. The ONE driver that newer versions of Clover doesn't carry over is the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. This build needs this memory fix since the other ones (like OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi) haven't worked for me, so I had to copy OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and place it into a temp folder. After the Clover update was complete, I simply copy/pasted it into the new '~EFI/Clover/drivers' folder on the EFI partition.

3. Updated Lilu, WhateverGreen, and ALC Apple kexts. You can do this however you normally update kexts, but I did it through Clover Configurator.

4. Restarted the computer successfully to make sure all my updates worked.

5. Ran the MacOS auto-update from System Preferences successfully at that point (just like a regular mac would). The computer rebooted a few times but that's just a normal part of the installation.

Post-Installation Issues:

- Ethernet port was no longer working, so I simply ran Multibeast and only directed it to install the IntelMausiEthernet v2.4.0 driver. Easy fix. :D

Final Thoughts:

It can be so easy to just post a problem here and assume somebody is going to solve everything for you, but I must implore everyone running into roadblocks to take the time to read through @CaseySJ's AMAZING guide for this build here. He went to great lengths in fully dissecting the common issues that would be encountered with this build, and through his trial-and-error, it made my life so much easier when troubleshooting my own system. The answers are all there, you just have to have the willingness and patience.

Dear Mr. Casey, thank you for all your hard work on this thread. I tried to search but I can not see how to search the forum. I am using the same motherboard as you, and I have a Radeon rx580. intel i7 9700k. i was able to see the bios screen, however, after applying your recommended bios it never restarted. i had the hdmi plugged into the graphics card:s hdmi port. i tried changing ports but nothing seems to work. i am unsure if this has been covered. i have spent 13 hours today trying to get this thing put together. its the first time I have done this. Your steps were very well explained. I am at a bit of a wall now trying to figure out what to do. i did reset the cmos and was able to get back into bios and tried your settings again but i am stuck. i think the red light on my motherboard is saying GPU now. before the bios settings were changed it was all clear. Does someone have any hints? Thank you.

Dear Mr. Casey, thank you for all your hard work on this thread. I tried to search but I can not see how to search the forum. I am using the same motherboard as you, and I have a Radeon rx580. intel i7 9700k. i was able to see the bios screen, however, after applying your recommended bios it never restarted. i had the hdmi plugged into the graphics card:s hdmi port. i tried changing ports but nothing seems to work. i am unsure if this has been covered. i have spent 13 hours today trying to get this thing put together. its the first time I have done this. Your steps were very well explained. I am at a bit of a wall now trying to figure out what to do. i did reset the cmos and was able to get back into bios and tried your settings again but i am stuck. i think the red light on my motherboard is saying GPU now. before the bios settings were changed it was all clear. Does someone have any hints? Thank you.
Hello @gudkarma (nice name!)

Have you seen the formal build guide for this motherboard? (Click here.)

Some notes/suggestions:
  • During installation, the HDMI cable should be connected to RX 580.
  • What is the make/model of your monitor? Is it a TV?
  • Are you installing Mojave 10.14.6 or Catalina 10.15.1?
    • Or some other version of macOS?
  • Are you using the latest Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC?
Regarding the red light, is it the VGA LED as shown here?

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 8.17.50 AM.png

If so, shutdown the system and flip power switch on the PSU (or unplug the power cable). Before making any changes to the motherboard, we must do this because it's the only way to stop electrical current.

Then carefully check the RX 580. Flip back the plastic retention tab on the rear of the long PCIe slot. That will allow the RX 580 to be removed. Then re-install the card and ensure that PCI power cables are connected to the card.

Also ensure that the 8-pin CPU power cable is connected here:

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 8.21.50 AM.png

Finally, enter BIOS Setup once again and check which version you're running. Is it F3 or F6 or F8? Are all the BIOS settings still correct?

Thank you, Sir. I just managed to go again step by step sving and restarting after each change and it worked. only when i got the usb connected and started the boot and install procedure after a wall of text scrolling everything went black, and then after a few minutes i restarted the system and it said my cmos was reset. not sure why. so i am about to go through again and try.

bios is f7
my HDMI is connected to the rx 580. yes.
I am using an acer 4k 32 inch display.
I am installed mojave 10- something. I had downloaded it from app store on my imac. I am not sure how to check the version.
I did put in the latest files you linked, yes.
it was the VGA led, but that has stopped now. I guess i goofed something.
I will attempt this all again and see what works. is the black screen normal?
did I not wait long enough?

--EDIT--
out of curiosity i switched hdmi ports on the rx580 and suddenly i could see the mac install screen.
phew! onwards.......i will post my results. thank you again.

Hello @gudkarma (nice name!)

Have you seen the formal build guide for this motherboard? (Click here.)

Some notes/suggestions:
  • During installation, the HDMI cable should be connected to RX 580.
  • What is the make/model of your monitor? Is it a TV?
  • Are you installing Mojave 10.14.6 or Catalina 10.15.1?
    • Or some other version of macOS?
  • Are you using the latest Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC?
Regarding the red light, is it the VGA LED as shown here?

View attachment 433872
If so, shutdown the system and flip power switch on the PSU (or unplug the power cable). Before making any changes to the motherboard, we must do this because it's the only way to stop electrical current.

Then carefully check the RX 580. Flip back the plastic retention tab on the rear of the long PCIe slot. That will allow the RX 580 to be removed. Then re-install the card and ensure that PCI power cables are connected to the card.

Also ensure that the 8-pin CPU power cable is connected here:

View attachment 433874

Finally, enter BIOS Setup once again and check which version you're running. Is it F3 or F6 or F8? Are all the BIOS settings still correct?

Last edited:
Well...I managed to get Mojave installed. Things seemed to work ok. I did the clover reconfigure and file swapping and restarted. However, when restarting I was getting stuck as the log was flowing by. it stopped at "couldnt allocate runtime area"
I restarted a few times and now its stuck at something else...
Would you have any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_1091.jpg
    IMG_1091.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 50
Well...I managed to get Mojave installed. Things seemed to work ok. I did the clover reconfigure and file swapping and restarted. However, when restarting I was getting stuck as the log was flowing by. it stopped at "couldnt allocate runtime area"
I restarted a few times and now its stuck at something else...
Would you have any advice?
  • Please click here and change your Motherboard to Gigabyte Designare Z390 instead of "Raedon RX580".
  • What is the make/model of your RX 580?
  • What version of Clover is running? You can see this just prior to the Clover Boot Menu, or from the Clover Boot Menu.
  • Feel free to compress and upload the CLOVER folder that you're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back