Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Ongoing Status of Designare Z390 with i7-9700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I just got this board. I am starting my first Hackintosh build. I was going to pick up the samsung 970 evo. I thought that was safe until these last couple posts. Couple questions. Is the 970 still a viable option? Can I make a dual boot system where the 1tb is partitioned as two 500gs?

What are good ssd suggestions for brands and speed?

Hello,

I just got this board. I am starting my first Hackintosh build. I was going to pick up the samsung 970 evo. I thought that was safe until these last couple posts. Couple questions. Is the 970 still a viable option? Can I make a dual boot system where the 1tb is partitioned as two 500gs?

What are good ssd suggestions for brands and speed?
The 970 EVO is still a good choice, but not the 970 EVO Plus. I believe you should avoid making a dual boot system (Mac and Windows) on a single partitioned drive. You may search the forum for this, but as I recall, we need to use separate physical disks.

Hello CaseySJ

I'm attempting to build a hackintosh on the Designare Z390. Thanks for putting in the time for this writeup - I'm sure it will prove to be invaluable.
I'd like to use Docker however apparently it requires VT-x and VT-d to be enabled. Do you encounter problems with these on in the bios?

Thanks

Hello CaseySJ

I'm attempting to build a hackintosh on the Designare Z390. Thanks for putting in the time for this writeup - I'm sure it will prove to be invaluable.
I'd like to use Docker however apparently it requires VT-x and VT-d to be enabled. Do you encounter problems with these on in the bios?

Thanks
I’m running Parallels Desktop 10 with no issues. VT-d is of course disabled. The Designare BIOS does not seem to have a separate control for VT-x.

Are you sure that Docker requires VT-d?

From what I've read you need to have both enabled.

Did you have issues in the setup with VT-d enabled?

Thanks again

@mojava88, please update your profile (account details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Hello BreBo.
I had an old windows computer built in 2008 (not hackintosh) that has since been disassembled.
This will be my first Hackintosh build and I haven't yet settled on all of the parts.
I may swap the motherboard if the VT-d enabled option isn't a possibility.

From what I've read you need to have both enabled.
Did you have issues in the setup with VT-d enabled?
I've never tried booting the system with VT-d enabled. But here's what I can do later this evening:
  • Download and run a trial version of Docker Desktop with VT-d disabled.
  • If it fails, I'll enable VT-d -- and hope the sky does not fall -- and see what happens.

Thanks CaseySJ - that's really kind of you and would potentially save me a headache. Appreciate you taking the time. I'll owe you one.
Looks like I have some good news! This is with VT-d disabled.

If you decide to build this system, please refer to the actual Build Guide located here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back