Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Ongoing Status of Designare Z390 with i7-9700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, got to the final stage...Pic 1
And what transpires is pics 2 and 3 and 4
No idea at this point.
I think we are all quite stumped by this.

One more suggestion is to add this driver to the EFI partition of the USB install disk...

@bluesatyr,

You stated that you're using a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB SSD and a HP EX120 1TB drive.
  • I did not find any information about the EX120 drive. Is it hard disk or SSD or NVMe?
  • Because installation is failing at the final step in boot process, have you tried a fresh install to a temporary SATA SSD? There are many low cost 120GB SSDs on Amazon and Newegg.
  • Someone recently tried the new Samsung EVO 970 Plus on same motherboard, but it completely failed. But he had no problem at all when installing to a SATA SSD.

@bluesatyr,

You probably got the notification already...let's continue the troubleshooting here:

UPDATE: Please replace the config.plist on your USB flash disk with the attached version (rename it of course). You will also need Lilu and WhateverGreen copied to CLOVER/kexts/Other. Then boot from the USB flash disk and see if Mojave will finally come up. This file worked for another member who was experiencing the same problem.

Attachments

• config-10-14-3.plist
    8.2 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
@bluesatyr,

You stated that you're using a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB SSD and a HP EX120 1TB drive.
  • I did not find any information about the EX120 drive. Is it hard disk or SSD or NVMe?
  • Because installation is failing at the final step in boot process, have you tried a fresh install to a temporary SATA SSD? There are many low cost 120GB SSDs on Amazon and Newegg.
  • Someone recently tried the new Samsung EVO 970 Plus on same motherboard, but it completely failed. But he had no problem at all when installing to a SATA SSD.

It's the EX920. Probably my error in notating.

I removed the HP M.2 for the sake of simplicity and in an attempt to reduce conflict. However, if your suggested fixes fail, I may attempt to install to the HP M2 or SATA.

@bluesatyr,

You probably got the notification already...let's continue the troubleshooting here:

UPDATE: Please replace the config.plist on your USB flash disk with the attached version (rename it of course). You will also need Lilu and WhateverGreen copied to CLOVER/kexts/Other. Then boot from the USB flash disk and see if Mojave will finally come up. This file worked for another member who was experiencing the same problem.

No success with this. I'm trying a load on the HP and if that fails, on a SATA.

No success with this. I'm trying a load on the HP and if that fails, on a SATA.
For the benefit of anyone who might be following this saga unfold, the installation problem was "fixed" by using a different NVMe SSD for installation. The Samsung EVO 970 failed to work, but the HP EX920 was successful.

The new model of this drive, called the EVO 970 Plus, may not work at all. The previous EVO 970 has been used fairly successfully.

For the benefit of anyone who might be following this saga unfold, the installation problem was "fixed" by using a different NVMe SSD for installation. The Samsung EVO 970 failed to work, but the HP EX920 was successful.

The new model of this drive, called the EVO 970 Plus, may not work at all. The previous EVO 970 has been used fairly successfully.

An addendum: i think it was a combination of two bad elements. Not just the Samsung EVO, but also the XFX 580 GPU. After finally achieving a successful installation of mac os on a little known HP SSD EX920 M.2 and functioning igfx, i tried installing the XFX card. And i got that familiar kernel panic "contact apple". instead of trying to spoof the computer or fry the card with a bios flash, i opted to order a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX580. Got it today, plugged it in... and it just WORKED!

So, instead of forcing a square peg into a round hole, make it easier on yourself... Stay away from the 970 EVO and the XFX cards on this board. I can't speak to other boards, but the weeks-literally- that I've spent trying to sort this out could have been have been more usefully spent elsewhere and may have been easily solved with proper knowledge. But where does knowledge come from but exploration and perseverance in the face of obstacles.

i now have three monitors plugged into the card with Thunderbolt, handoff, Wifi, iCloud, etc etc functioning properly and no graphics stuttering. SOLID.

Thank you to CaseySJ for not only the build, but your assistance and enduring patience.

An addendum: i think it was a combination of two bad elements. Not just the Samsung EVO, but also the XFX 580 GPU. After finally achieving a successful installation of mac os on a little known HP SSD EX920 M.2 and functioning igfx, i tried installing the XFX card. And i got that familiar kernel panic "contact apple". instead of trying to spoof the computer or fry the card with a bios flash, i opted to order a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX580. Got it today, plugged it in... and it just WORKED!

So, instead of forcing a square peg into a round hole, make it easier on yourself... Stay away from the 970 EVO and the XFX cards on this board. I can't speak to other boards, but the weeks-literally- that I've spent trying to sort this out could have been have been more usefully spent elsewhere and may have been easily solved with proper knowledge. But where does knowledge come from but exploration and perseverance in the face of obstacles.

i now have three monitors plugged into the card with Thunderbolt, handoff, Wifi, iCloud, etc etc functioning properly and no graphics stuttering. SOLID.

Thank you to CaseySJ for not only the build, but your assistance and enduring patience.
So glad to hear it's finally up and running -- 3 monitors, Thunderbolt, and everything else!! I'll add a clear warning in the Build Guide against the XFX RX 580 GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back