Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI +32Gb DDR5 + i9-13900K + Radeon RX 6800XT

Thanks. I would stay on Ventura, but Sonoma has one crucial update for me - they returned DSC support, which means I can run my 4K@144Hz monitor on 144Hz refresh rate. On Ventura it can only handle 120hz. But I also need BT to connect my keyboard and headphones + WiFi for printer. And if I can achieve this with Intel WiFi/BT module, there is no need anymore to get broadcom card.

Hi have you seen something like that?

1699789405397.png

In memory Panic Stackshot.

I tried find my MMIO addresses for whitelist or block. Added to config. And still same. motherboard Z790-H.

Getting that during Ventura or Sonoma last builds USB load.

Big Sur working all perfect.

Hi

You willl not see an EFI partition in the GUI version of Disk Utility. (You can see it with the Terminal command-line version though).

If the Samsung EVO 850 is the SSD you are looking at then move the cursor up one line to the main drive, not the Container you currently have highlighted. Tale a note of the Disk number, bottom-right of the screen. It will be something like "disk*s2" (where the asterisk is the physical disk number) or it may just say "disk*". With that information use EFI Mounter v3.1 to mount "disk*s1" which is where the EFI partition will be.

:)

On wake from sleep, does your CPU idle at higher power usage? My i9-13900KF is doing so. I changed to iMacPro 1,1 and it still is occuring - but only after waking from sleep. MacPro 7,1 was doing it on boot.

I found out how to fix on wake from sleep high CPU use: change the SMBIOS (I've done it from MacPro 7,1 to iMacPro1,1 - did the update and things broke, changed back to MacPro 7,1 and things are fixed).

And yes, I tried resetnvram many times.

I found out how to fix on wake from sleep high CPU use: change the SMBIOS (I've done it from MacPro 7,1 to iMacPro1,1 - did the update and things broke, changed back to MacPro 7,1 and things are fixed).

And yes, I tried resetnvram many times.
probably is enought if you remove com.apple.PowerManagement.*.plist in /Library/Preferences and reboot. When you reboot .plist files deleted will be regenerated correctly

UPDATE:

In these recent days I've had a couple of sudden freezes that I haven't been able to understand....
Usually after a wake from sleep (but after some minutes...)
I'll update you.
Solved! BIOS setting was wrong.
I set CPU Lite Mode to 17 7
Problem disappeared!!!

Last edited:
Back