Contribute
Register

Success: Mountain Lion Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H, i5 3570k Ivy Bridge, 16GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucess: Mountain Lion Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H, i5 3570k Ivy Bridge

Hi I'm having geforce gt 520 graphics for that what i want to do in multibeast?

mohammed ibrahim,

This build description is for djsmootht's build, which doesn't have your motherboard or graphics card. Please post your question in the Graphics or Mountain Lion Desktop Support forum sections.

OK, i don't know if i'll have an answer from djsmootht (no worries, everyone has his own life :) ), so if someone knows about HD3000 support ? And about multibeast set to iMac12,2 ?

Thx in advance ;)

I can't get audio to work at all. I did a fresh install and ran multibeast, Checked off Audio 887 Current and I have nothing showing up in SYS Prefs.

Yesterday I was able to get ALC887 in Sys Prefs but No audio would come out on any port other then front Panel Headphones.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Have you tried setting your graphics memory to 32MB in the BIOS, that might activate the HD3000 in OSX. I don't know if there is an advantage with iMac 12.2 SMBIOS or not hehe. Looks better than a 2008 MacPro I guess.

Hello . I am admiring your build and have it in my private "Golden builds" for future reference! Curious (as a photographer myself) about an earlier comment and would love if you could expand on it

"On another note, I took out that GT640 because I wasn't too thrilled about how my images look (photography) and swapped it with my EVGA 9600GT 1GB from my previous PC build. Graphics look a lot better for sure!"

How did the graphics card affect your images?

Regards

Hello . I am admiring your build and have it in my private "Golden builds" for future reference! Curious (as a photographer myself) about an earlier comment and would love if you could expand on it

"On another note, I took out that GT640 because I wasn't too thrilled about how my images look (photography) and swapped it with my EVGA 9600GT 1GB from my previous PC build. Graphics look a lot better for sure!"

How did the graphics card affect your images?

Regards

The gt640 is an entry level graphics card and the images looked saturated and not as clean as my 9600gt. If I were to buy a new card it would at least be a 660 as recommended in the custobuild page.

I can't get audio to work at all. I did a fresh install and ran multibeast, Checked off Audio 887 Current and I have nothing showing up in SYS Prefs.

Yesterday I was able to get ALC887 in Sys Prefs but No audio would come out on any port other then front Panel Headphones.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Did you go to the preferences, sound, and trying to select an output that works with yours? I used the one that said built in speakers for mine. What version is your motherboard as bios?

Would you mind sharing what settings you used to overclock your setup to 4.4? I can only get to 4.2 without it starting to become unstable. I have to exact same setup as you. I ordered my GTX 660 because the GT 640 is not cutting it. I also have a rev 1.1 so i dont have a VCORE option. Its too late to return my motherboard so im stuck with it for now.

Would you mind sharing what settings you used to overclock your setup to 4.4? I can only get to 4.2 without it starting to become unstable. I have to exact same setup as you. I ordered my GTX 660 because the GT 640 is not cutting it. I also have a rev 1.1 so i dont have a VCORE option. Its too late to return my motherboard so im stuck with it for now.

Try these settings in your BIOS

8251190145_3d776c4056_b.jpg

So you're not thrilled with the cheap looking graphics of the GT640 either? Hehe, I don't blame you for upgrading! I'm looking to get the GTX660 in the future myself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back