Contribute
Register

Success: Mountain Lion Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H, i5 3570k Ivy Bridge, 16GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucess: Mountain Lion Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H, i5 3570k Ivy Bridge

You don't need Chimera for a bootloader. What firmware version do you have?

Hey djsmootht, do your USB 3.0 ports work with USB 2.0 devices or only with 3.0 devices? I have the same motherboard but can only use USB 3.0 devices in the USB 3.0 ports. The only way to get USB 2.0 devices working is to disable EHCI and lose USB 3.0 support.

I guess I'll only use 3.0 devices on the ports supplied for 3.0. Thanks for the info!

I have same cpu and board, and I've had a little trouble with getting it to boot once its installed. It just freezes on the apple logo. I seem to have to leave the unibeast usb drive in and boot into mountain lion using that. Is that normal? In addition to your installs, I installed Chimera 1.11.1. Do you have any suggestions?

Make sure your USB stick is in a USB 2.0 port on the back of the Motherboard. I had the same problem... drove me nuts for 30 minutes.

**Update**
Ran the update to 10.8.2 from the Apps store, booted up fine, and lost audio.
Ran Multibeast and checked off all of my usual settings, selected 887/888B Current and audio came back :)
That's it.

It looks like you have an Ivy Bridge CPU in your build... Why did you install the i5 Sandy Bridge option?

I did at first but then I ran Multibeast again and left that part unchecked. I haven't updated my Screen shot with the Multibeast options yet, sorry.

Updated a few items, please see original post. Thanks

Did you have any issue with the turbo boost of your i5? I have not been able to get my i7 to turbo boost from its 3.5Ghz to 3.9Ghz. I have the same board but v 1.1 (no ethernet working)

Thanks,
Josh

Go DJ!
This is what i like to see. I'm going for the same mobo so I'll definitely be coming back to your post a couple times while setting up.
Thank you for sharing.

Did you have any issue with the turbo boost of your i5? I have not been able to get my i7 to turbo boost from its 3.5Ghz to 3.9Ghz. I have the same board but v 1.1 (no ethernet working)

Thanks,
Josh
Go DJ!
This is what i like to see. I'm going for the same mobo so I'll definitely be coming back to your post a couple times while setting up.
Thank you for sharing.

I didn't have any issues overclocking when I figured it out. I went into the Advanced Frequency settings and set all of my cores to 44 (core 1-4)
I didn't make any adjustment to the core voltages, I had it set on auto.
You can install Multibeast with SMC, HW Monitor, or whatever I had checked off on my screenshots. Make sure you use the latest Multibeast because it won't give you any issues like the previous versions. It kept giving me kernel panics and they fixed it in the new Multibeast.
I kind of followed this guide too for overclocking.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/overclock...locking-ivy-bridge-gigabyte-z77-i5-3570k.html

I haven't really tried my ethernet because I'm running on the Airport card with the mini PCI adapter, no drivers needed, just plug and play.

It's really simple with this board and chip, if you use HD4000 graphics, load Mtn Lion with 64MB and go back and set it to 32MB to turn on the 512MB graphics memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back