Contribute
Register

Success: Mountain Lion Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H, i5 3570k Ivy Bridge, 16GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried setting your graphics memory to 32MB in the BIOS, that might activate the HD3000 in OSX. I don't know if there is an advantage with iMac 12.2 SMBIOS or not hehe. Looks better than a 2008 MacPro I guess.
Nop didn't try to set it to 32MB, but i gonna put a HD5870, so changing BIOS settings maybe not worth it :)

Thx for explanations about SMBIOS version ;)

Nop didn't try to set it to 32MB, but i gonna put a HD5870, so changing BIOS settings maybe not worth it :)

Thx for explanations about SMBIOS version ;)

No problem sir, I did some updates too BTW :)

With the GA-Z77-DS3H mobo and two graphics cards in each PCIe x16 slots, how many SATA ports are accessible? From the pictures, it looks as if a graphics card that are long will cover up some of the SATA ports.

Hi djsmootht
i have the same hardware configuration
but my overclock to 4.4 ghz daes not appear in the "about this mac menù"
how i can show this?
thank you in advance
Bonz

Sorry to bother you but I was hopping you could help me. I installed osx mt lion and multibeast onto my build. When I restarted it I get boot0: error and it won't boot up. I have the same motherboard as you. What do I do? Thanks for you time

You have a newer HDD with 4K sectors. While, most of the newer SATA HDDs don't have jumpers, see if the HDD has a jumper to set either one. But, be careful! You should backup your drive before using the jumper. You may have to reformat the drive. I say this as a caution as it's been a long time since I've done this and (I'm old) I can remember if I have to format after changing the sector size. :thumbup:

You can also use MacMan's Guide: boot0 Error: The Official Thread

BTW, the HDDs in tonymacx86's latest Buyers Guide have hard drives that don't use the 4K sectors so they work OOB>

hey mate, i have the same motherboard. i used to have sound from front panel (headphones) now i ve fix the back panel sound. and now i can plug my jack to the back panel.. you can see on the picture.

now i m only having problem with monitor.. i have to unplug and re plug the dvi or hdmi cable each time when i boot up the pc..
any idea?

Attachments

• gigabyte_GA-Z77-DS3H_0.jpg
    gigabyte_GA-Z77-DS3H_0.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 533
hey mate, i have the same motherboard. i used to have sound from front panel (headphones) now i ve fix the back panel sound. and now i can plug my jack to the back panel.. you can see on the picture.

now i m only having problem with monitor.. i have to unplug and re plug the dvi or hdmi cable each time when i boot up the pc..
any idea?

Im not sure if I can fix your problems, can you post your settings from your chameleon plist and list what other things you did to get your audio fixed. Thanks

I ve got everything woking now,

To fix the sound (also ethernet) i ve done i ve select ALC887 - ALC888b
and install chimera
And its start working.. (u can also see my 1st post)

i solved my graphic card with adding the native resolution to my com.boot.apple.plist (which found on extra folder)

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32@60</string>

Also probably u ve been already watched but here is a guide video from begining to end with same spec pc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTTbKio_-mU

Hi,

I have exactly the same build but for an Nvidia GeForce GT640 2GB GPU Card.

But my Geekbench score in Intel 64-Bit mode is miles off yours :(

Geekbench Score is 9716
Integer is 8591
Floating Point is 12979
Memory is 6817
Stream is 8040

Any tips on the BIOS set-up would greatly help :)

KR,
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back