Contribute
Register

Success: Mountain Lion Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H, i5 3570k Ivy Bridge, 16GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucess: Mountain Lion Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H, i5 3570k Ivy Bridge

I haven't really tried my ethernet because I'm running on the Airport card with the mini PCI adapter, no drivers needed, just plug and play.

Whoa... wait? You just enlightened me. I thought you must connect via ethernet to be able to use iCloud, Appstore, ect.
There is an ethernet issue with rev1.1 of that mobo. Did you get the installer on a cd?

Whoa... wait? You just enlightened me. I thought you must connect via ethernet to be able to use iCloud, Appstore, ect.
There is an ethernet issue with rev1.1 of that mobo. Did you get the installer on a cd?

My motherboard is ver1.0 not 1.1 so I didn't have any of those issues.
Here's the parts I used for the Wifi adapter:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190690241890?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230851429626?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Bluetooth adapter if you want to use an Apple Keyboard and Mouse:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Mode-B...r-/310453532444?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true

Just wondering why you chose fake smc. I am currently building my machine and I am in the process of finding my DSDT settings. Same exact board and processor. Most of the other posts i found skip the fakesmc so just wondering if there was a specific reason.

Just wondering why you chose fake smc. I am currently building my machine and I am in the process of finding my DSDT settings. Same exact board and processor. Most of the other posts i found skip the fakesmc so just wondering if there was a specific reason.

Fake SMC and the plugins are for Hardware monitoring so you can see your temperatures, cores, etc. You can see your actual clock speeds if you are overclocked too.
It's not required to get your machine up and running. I only use it because I overclocked my machine and wanted to monitor my frequencies and such.

If you have the same board and chip then you only have to select the following:
Audio 887/888b Current
Trim Enabler if you're using an SSD
Maolj's Ethernet AtherosL1cEthernet
GraphicsEnabler=No if you're using HD4000 onboard graphics
and that's it. You can leave the system definitions alone unless you want it to say iMac. The default will be MacPro 3.1 2008 I believe.

I have the same Motherboard, the same CPU, the same memory.

I use the Unibeast 1.5.3, I use Multibeast 5.1.3

The only change is that i have a Nvidia 640 cards.

I could'nt restart my computer after the Multibeast installation, I have a grey screen. If I use -x -v GraphicsEnabler=0 or PCIRootUID=0, or all combinaison of that, i couldn't restart.

I don't understand.

thanks a lof for an answer.

GraphicsEnabler has to be Yes or No value

Sleep and wake works perfectly.

Hi is your hakintosh works with hdmi? i plan to this motherboard & processor wht u suggested. but i want to connect audio & video through my graphics card geforce gt 520

I don't use my HDMI port

Thanks for ur reply

@djsmootht, thx for sharing ur conf (especially the multibeast one).

I run a similar build (same board but with and i3-2120 that i'll upgrade to an i7 later), and i strictly didn't understand what you means by :
It's really simple with this board and chip, if you use HD4000 graphics, load Mtn Lion with 64MB and go back and set it to 32MB to turn on the 512MB graphics memory.
> For now, i have to boot with GraphicsEnabler=NO. But how to run the HD3000 properly ? (and without being restricted to low screen resolution).

> Second question, why did you set your multibeast conf to iMac 12,2 ? What are advantages ?

Thx in advance ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back