Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Mountain Lion, GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7 3770 Ivy Bridge, GTX 670

Status
Not open for further replies.
I auto reply: googling gives this for example: http://www.overclock.net/t/1239993/...rt-thread-and-club-ud5h-ud3h-d3h-and-all/3750 and adjacent pages.
The 1.1 is not officially out, but there are 2 slightly different versions of this board, and gigabyte is not admitting any audio problem any case.
The front audio seems to be a common problem on this board for Mac osx and Linux configs, but the realtek windows drivers seem to remedy this.

As you mentioned, I don't think Gigabyte has officially announced this revision yet. I actually found out about it here on these forums:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/666...t-problem-solved-welding-2-resistances-4.html

Did you do anything speficically to make it faster? I built a very similar system except I have the 660 TI and the i5 3570K. But my Geekbench score was only 9820 or something like that. Thats a pretty big difference. Would you really get that much of a boost by using an i7 processor and a 670 card?

Just curious. I don't know much about it.

Nope - just the BIOS changes that I made which are explained in the first post. I guess the i7 really does make a difference in terms of "raw power" but I doubt you'll really see a difference from day-to-day tasks. I should also mention that my Geekbench score actually increased to something like ~13,500 when I applied the XMP profile to my memory to overclock it to 1600Mhz.

hi guys! last night I've built a rig with this motherboard (but with 3770k), not my first hackintosh though. I updated to F14, set the bios to the correct settings and tried to boot the unibeast drive, this was not possible as a screen with an error pops up saying that I needed to recover windows with it's disk.
Also said "an error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data Boot/BCD 0xc000000f " I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
any thoughts?

EDIT: wrong thumb drive, it was a corrupted w7 installation drive. Even though I did labeled them I missed reading the tag :p

Does your WDN4800 wifi cards works for you (longer than 5 minutes)? I'm using the Z77-D3SH with the same card and my wifi sometimes drops the connection but it still appears connected in the UI. I'm looking into different setups to isolate the problem. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your great description of your build!

Does your WDN4800 wifi cards works for you (longer than 5 minutes)? I'm using the Z77-D3SH with the same card and my wifi sometimes drops the connection but it still appears connected in the UI. I'm looking into different setups to isolate the problem. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your great description of your build!

No issues at all with WiFi. I was reading on these forums that people have been having issues which is weird because this card has been nothing but 100% stable in both Windows and OSX.

If there's anything I can do to help you troubleshoot, let me know.

Does your WDN4800 wifi cards works for you (longer than 5 minutes)? I'm using the Z77-D3SH with the same card and my wifi sometimes drops the connection but it still appears connected in the UI. I'm looking into different setups to isolate the problem. Any thoughts?...
I'm using the TP-Link WDN4800 in Son of Zorro, connecting to a Linksys E4200v1,:thumbup: and it's working great!

Be sure to check your wireless router or access point (WAP). Whenever I've had problems, 3/4's of the time it's the wireless router or WAP. I have a box full of these items that have quite working correctly and will go to the recycle place shortlly.

I'm using the TP-Link WDN4800 in Son of Zorro, connecting to a Linksys E4200v1,:thumbup: and it's working great!

Be sure to check your wireless router or access point (WAP). Whenever I've had problems, 3/4's of the time it's the wireless router or WAP. I have a box full of these items that have quite working correctly and will go to the recycle place shortlly.

Double checked my router. Works like a charm under windows and with my MacBook Pro. But you're right about access points. They like to fail silently and cause all kinds of strange network behavior (except for just shutting down). Someone pointed out that this issue might be related to the type of encryption used. Changing the network isn't a solution ... but I will give it a try.

Double checked my router. Works like a charm under windows and with my MacBook Pro. But you're right about access points. They like to fail silently and cause all kinds of strange network behavior (except for just shutting down). Someone pointed out that this issue might be related to the type of encryption used. Changing the network isn't a solution ... but I will give it a try.

For what it's worth, I'm using WPA2 Personal and have no connection issues.

Hi! im going to buy this computer when i decide to :)
xXh30.png

Do you have any recommendations?

The computer is for:
Gameing, programming, surfing.. (i know some parts is overkill, but Im well known what parts im choosing)

And yes, i need dualboot to W7, do you think its possible?

Im new to Hackingtosh :)

Hi! im going to buy this computer when i decide to :)
xXh30.png

Do you have any recommendations?

The computer is for:
Gameing, programming, surfing.. (i know some parts is overkill, but Im well known what parts im choosing)

And yes, i need dualboot to W7, do you think its possible?

Im new to Hackingtosh :)

That setup looks pretty similar to what I have. Yes dual booting is possible, but might take some work and troubleshooting. Which hard drive(s) do you plan on using?

That setup looks pretty similar to what I have. Yes dual booting is possible, but might take some work and troubleshooting. Which hard drive(s) do you plan on using?

I change my mind with the graphic card, change it to: ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti 2048MB DirectCUII, saves me money, and its more quiet :) (i dont think there is no problem with this card right? or what you think?)

I was lying sleepless last night and thought of use these harddrives:

A-Data SSD 128GB -> OS X
Intel SSD 80GB -> Windows

Hitachi 750GB -> Windows Games

"Dont remember" 2TB and 1,5TB -> OS X, thinking of making software RAID in OS X (yes i loose 500GB, but i dont care)

All discs are lying home just collecting dust, ive also got an NAS with 5TB ;D

Is it realy that hard to dualboot? :( then i have to consider more.. cause i really dont need OS X (have an MacBook Pro 15") but it would be nice to have an Hackingtosh..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back