Contribute
Register

[Success] Mini-ITX build GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi + i9 9900K

Hello, does anybody successfully upgrade to monterey? I have problems and I am lost. After many years with hackintosh, polishing my setup I simply dont know why am I stuck on boot with
ifnet_attach: waiting for all kernel threads created for interface xhc20

Attachments

• 179D03B9-115C-4567-8CC8-9DE57853EB01.jpeg
    179D03B9-115C-4567-8CC8-9DE57853EB01.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 82
Hello, does anybody successfully upgrade to monterey? I have problems and I am lost. After many years with hackintosh, polishing my setup I simply dont know why am I stuck on boot with
ifnet_attach: waiting for all kernel threads created for interface xhc20
Two quick hints:
  1. OpenCore 0.7.4 is required.
  2. SecureBootModel may need to be disabled during installation. Can be enabled afterwards.

Thank you for quick answer. I am with latest clover (clover has securebootmodel disabled) any other hints?
I don't think Clover will work. Monterey installation requires support for "large basesystem" that was added to OcMainLib (OpenCore.efi).

I don't think Clover will work. Monterey installation requires support for "large basesystem" that was added to OcMainLib (OpenCore.efi).
We can see successful Monterey installations with clover.

Edit: decided to switch to opencore and everything runs fine. I hope I will have peace of mind for few years. Thanks anyway

Last edited:

Edit: decided to switch to opencore and everything runs fine. I hope I will have peace of mind for few years. Thanks anyway
Can you confirm that WiFi and Bluetooth work when you switched to OpenCore?

Hi,
my precedent post has just been moved to a Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi thread. Note the I between Z390 and aorus is missing. Already been on this thread but finally discovered Z390 BIOS settings and EFI were not working for the Z390I. I was saying:

Hi, running Mojave on a Z390 I Aorus Pro wifi (i7-9700, RX 580). I'm trying to make a Monterey clean install since a few days.
Sorry to ask, but can one of you share the EFI Folder with OpenCore 0.7.5 (or 0.7.8) ? I'll try to install Monterey, too. And maybe the BIOS settings, too (I just upgraded to F8).
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi,
my precedent post has just been moved to a Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi thread. Note the I between Z390 and aorus is missing. Already been on this thread but finally discovered Z390 BIOS settings and EFI were not working for the Z390I. I was saying:

Hi, running Mojave on a Z390 I Aorus Pro wifi (i7-9700, RX 580). I'm trying to make a Monterey clean install since a few days.
Sorry to ask, but can one of you share the EFI Folder with OpenCore 0.7.5 (or 0.7.8) ? I'll try to install Monterey, too. And maybe the BIOS settings, too (I just upgraded to F8).
Thanks.
Have you been able to get your system up and running on Monterey? I also have a Z390 I Aorus Pro WiFi system updated with the F8 BIOS, though I using integrated graphics on an i9-9900K. I've had the system running Big Sur using OpenCore 0.6.4 for over a year and want to upgrade to Monterey. I tried creating a USB Installer using OpenCore 0.7.8, which didn't go well. Any help, including EFI Folders and BIOS settings would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Troy

Would you be willing to share your EFI Folder and any info about BIOS settings? I also have a Z390 I Aorus Pro WiFi (F8 BIOS), though I using integrated graphics on an i9-9900K. I've had the system running Big Sur using OpenCore 0.6.4 for over a year and want to upgrade to Monterey. I tried creating a USB Installer using OpenCore 0.7.8, which didn't go well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Troy

For those trying to install Monterey there are a few things one needs to do.

Make sure all your kexts are current.
Disable BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, you need to use BlueToolFixup.kext!!!! (Most install/update problems to Monterey is this issue)
Learn how to map your USB ports USBMaps.kext! USBInjectAll.kext is not the way anymore.

Back