Contribute
Register

[Success] Mini-ITX build GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi + i9 9900K

Have you been able to get your system up and running on Monterey? I also have a Z390 I Aorus Pro WiFi system updated with the F8 BIOS, though I using integrated graphics on an i9-9900K. I've had the system running Big Sur using OpenCore 0.6.4 for over a year and want to upgrade to Monterey. I tried creating a USB Installer using OpenCore 0.7.8, which didn't go well. Any help, including EFI Folders and BIOS settings would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Troy
Unfortunately, no success for the moment, the USB key still doesn't load the installer

For those trying to install Monterey there are a few things one needs to do.

Make sure all your kexts are current.
Disable BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, you need to use BlueToolFixup.kext!!!! (Most install/update problems to Monterey is this issue)
Learn how to map your USB ports USBMaps.kext! USBInjectAll.kext is not the way anymore.
Hi @JamesKI have you had problems with the audio at your build? A few weeks ago I updated to Ventura 13.0.1 and only the audio is broken (sometimes its has little cuts). Also the audio by HDMI or DisplayPort sounds bad. (I solved by disconnecting and re-connecting HDMI.) However, the direct audio output of the motherboard usually has small cuts. I used layout 16

Thanks, mark.

Hi i want to install Ventura to a similar build like yours. Would you help me out with your efi? Thank you

Hi i want to install Ventura to a similar build like yours. Would you help me out with your efi? Thank you
read post 1

Sorry, have not changed my EFI, nor could I ever get my bootloader to update to a version that supports Ventura... I think I will be moving on from the hackintosh scene at this point... Thanks

Sorry, have not changed my EFI, nor could I ever get my bootloader to update to a version that supports Ventura... I think I will be moving on from the hackintosh scene at this point... Thanks
I have Ventura running on with your board z390 I Aorus, Intel CPU & GPU all working except Bluetooth.
I can help you out. greetings

I have Ventura running on with your board z390 I Aorus, Intel CPU & GPU all working except Bluetooth.
I can help you out. greetings
You have peaked me interested, are you using the latest version of open core? That was one issue that prevented me from the update. The next was trying to upgrade to 10g networking which also I failed at then my USB ports started giving me issues. Thanks

You have peaked me interested,
"piqued my interest."
Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 9.57.40 PM.png

You have peaked me interested, are you using the latest version of open core? That was one issue that prevented me from the update. The next was trying to upgrade to 10g networking which also I failed at then my USB ports started giving me issues. Thanks

I will share my efi with you and can you write some infos about my "skills" and solutions for some issues while installing. i have no fix for my bluetooth Problem but i will try a dongle in near future..

edit: yes. newest oc, kext and drivers.

Back