Contribute
Register

[Success] Mini-ITX build GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi + i9 9900K

Attached is my EFI,. Everything works & is stable except for the USB. It works fine, except when attaching a large USB drive & trying to transfer files. Also, I was not able to upgrade to Catalina. Trying to figure out how to create the USB maps\SSDT... let me know if you have any questions. Thanks

Thanks. This got me closer after all this time. \The only issues I have are the iGPU RAM still shows as 31MB, and it doesn't allow hotplug of USB devices after boot. I'm tired and done for the night. When I did this earlier this year, I had working iGPU RAM, but I don't remember how I did it. It doesn't seem to work now. Also, am I the only one who has built this on the 8400 with no GPU?

@benmingli I have the very same motherboard as yours (GB Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi miniITX) and installed Mojave, using the archive that you provided. Everything works great. But if I may, I'd like to ask you have you updated to Catalina? And if you did, are there any extra steps/settings that must be applied?

I did update to Catalina, but I'm having issues with the 10.15.1. Just updated my kexts & Clover to the latest version. Also, I had to use the -disablegfxfirmware command to get it to work.

Last edited:
Hello

I have exactly the same config as you but I have this problem. I know what to do I tried everything.

Capture d’écran 2019-11-06 à 07.44.50.png

My Clover Here

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 97
I do not even get to the Clover Screen with this config:

32GB RAM
Z390 I Aorus
RX 580
SAMSUNG NVMe SSD

€: I don't get how you can disable CSM because when I do I can't use anything UEFI anymore, not able to boot from Stick.

Last edited:
This would be the situation? Which one, can you tell me more details how to fix it? The disk is not showing up in Bios either in Disk management of Windows when it is connected on the back slot.
The easiest drives to work with are the Samsung EVO NVMes. Lots of people have used these successfully. I don't know exactly how to make the WD Black drive work since I don't have one. Check out this thread and contact some of the folks posting to see if you can get some tips:

So I had everything working perfectly yesterday, played a round of League even to make sure everything was fine. Today I played for about 10 minutes, and it just shut off on me and rebooted. Kept getting the same issue until I removed my RX560. Now, with the exception of GPU acceleration not working, it seems to be fine. I think I may have a bad GPU. So I am going to run to the store tomorrow to exchange it.

Now for the question:

Does anyone else see artifact lines during the Apple logo boot screen on startup, I've only seen this since I installed the RX560? I wasn't sure if this is normal Hackintosh behavior or not? Up until tonight, it worked flawlessly once booted.

Last edited:
I do not even get to the Clover Screen with this config:

32GB RAM
Z390 I Aorus
RX 580
SAMSUNG NVMe SSD

€: I don't get how you can disable CSM because when I do I can't use anything UEFI anymore, not able to boot from Stick.

Hi there.
I have exactly the same configuration as you, and the same problem, too. I can't boot any disk with CSM disabled. If I enable it, my disks are shown, but the installation process not seem to start.
Have you solve it?
Someone could help me, please?

Back