Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Macboy123s Coffee Lake i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus UG, 16GB RAM, 2x SSD, Zotac GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to upgrade to 32GB RAM and also popped in one of the OSXWifi BCM94360CD cards. Native support but not for me. Not sure what is up. BT is recognized but in system report I see "Handoff Supported: No". I have my Apple Keyboard and trackpad connected via BT and I can even use it when booting to go into BIOS.

Wifi not showing up anywhere. It's plugged into one of the PCI 1x slots.

Incidentally, imessage is now on the fritz. It was working perfectly now not syncing. I don't see messages sent or received from other devices.

By any chance @Macboy123 you wouldn't happen to be using one of these cards?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012LOT512/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

OK so maybe whenever I'm racking my brains out with an issue, all I have to do is post here and then I'll solve my own problem!

I moved the card from PCIEX1_3 to PCIEX1_1 (above the GPU). Wifi and BT working OOB. Still have some iMessage sync issues but probably because I was messing around with so much. Will try going through it all tomorrow.

Just figured I'd post here for future... If you're using the OSXWifi BCM94360CD card, put it in PCIEX1_1.

Decided to upgrade to 32GB RAM and also popped in one of the OSXWifi BCM94360CD cards. Native support but not for me. Not sure what is up. BT is recognized but in system report I see "Handoff Supported: No". I have my Apple Keyboard and trackpad connected via BT and I can even use it when booting to go into BIOS.

Wifi not showing up anywhere. It's plugged into one of the PCI 1x slots.

Incidentally, imessage is now on the fritz. It was working perfectly now not syncing. I don't see messages sent or received from other devices.

By any chance @Macboy123 you wouldn't happen to be using one of these cards?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012LOT512/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

No sorry i just use the Intel Ethernet OnBoard.

No sorry i just use the Intel Ethernet OnBoard.

Yeah me too. I just wanted to use the BCM94360CD to get continuity/handoff working. iMessage has always been a challenge to get going. It was running fine for a while with my IOGear GBU521 but started to give me problems eventually.

Hi Macboy123, sorry for the late reply. I just wanted to say a big thank you for providing me with your config files. I had use some other configs and when I installed web graphics I began to have some display issues but now its all working!! I also generated the sys info with clover and installed Toleda audio drivers. The only issues I'm remained with are:
- Audio doesn't work on headphone jack..
- Shutdown doesn't work properly (computer just restart.. I tried fix shutdown option in clover but doesnt work)
- I also turned off the integrated graphics (is it useful to add the integrated GPU for gaming?)

My current build: 8700k, Gigabyte Aorus ultra gaming, Nvidia GTX 1050ti, Samsung 960 evo

Hi Macboy123, sorry for the late reply. I just wanted to say a big thank you for providing me with your config files. I had use some other configs and when I installed web graphics I began to have some display issues but now its all working!! I also generated the sys info with clover and installed Toleda audio drivers. The only issues I'm remained with are:
- Audio doesn't work on headphone jack..
- Shutdown doesn't work properly (computer just restart.. I tried fix shutdown option in clover but doesnt work)
- I also turned off the integrated graphics (is it useful to add the integrated GPU for gaming?)

My current build: 8700k, Gigabyte Aorus ultra gaming, Nvidia GTX 1050ti, Samsung 960 evo

Open you config.plist in clover configurator and under Acpi check the box "FixShutdown".

I strongly recommend disalbling the iGPU as long as NVIDIA webdriver is not installed, as there is a multi GPU to monitor signal problem which avoids setup from starting.
Also make sure all Fake IDs correctly set.
Open you config.plist in clover configurator and under Acpi check the box "FixShutdown".
Thanks Steve, but as I've mentioned, I tried but it didn't worked..!

Thanks Steve, but as I've mentioned, I tried but it didn't worked..!

I don't have the FixShutdown entry set but it works anyway. Try using -v boot mode and look at the shutdown messages, maybe there is an error or Panic visible.

MAcboy.. I got my Hackintosh working finally but for the life of me it won't sleep or hibernate?? Everything sleeps and gets quiet but then the fans start up and the computer wakes again. Any ideas?
Thanks

Christmas upgrades to 32GB RAM and the OSXWifi BCM94360CD card. Works nicely now. Handoff, Airdrop, unlock with Apple Watch all working seamlessly. This is a sweet setup!
qOWVZfY.jpg

Handoff, Airdrop, unlock with Apple Watch all working seamlessly.
How did you get all of those to work? Do I need to buy anything extra (like the OSXWifi BCM94360CD card you mentioned) or can the mobo do this by itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back