Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Macboy123s Coffee Lake i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus UG, 16GB RAM, 2x SSD, Zotac GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
@trs96

Hi thanks for the speedy reply.

I'm assuming this is where you set fake cpu id ( see thumbnail ), but my cpu is still unknown ?

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 14.18.31.png

@trs96

Hi thanks for the speedy reply.

I'm assuming this is where you set fake cpu id ( see thumbnail ), but my cpu is still unknown ?

View attachment 290025

Did you mount the EFI partition first and then open the config.plist after that ? And save the changes ?

Even if it is unknown and still works normally it shouldn't matter. Your screenshot shows E9 at the end, it's not clear if it should be EA instead ? The author doesn't say which one to change it to but I'd guess it ends in 9.

Last edited:
Did you mount the EFI partition first and then open the config.plist after that ? And save the changes ?
Even if it is unknown and still works normally it shouldn't matter. Your screenshot shows E9 at the end
when it should be EA instead ? The author doesn't make it clear which one to change it to.

I mounted the EFI partition first and saved. Went back and changed the E9 to EA and still the Processor is listed as unknown in "About This Mac " section.

Thanks for the pointers.

config.plist can be requested

Can I please request a copy of your config.plist, can you provide more info about Coffee Lake to Kaby Lake spoofing?
As the i7-8700K is really new and the SSDTPRGen.sh script wasn't usable for Coffee Lake till now, I skipped generating the states.

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 15.31.18.png

I ran ssdtPRGen.sh but it aborted, unknown processor, how did you manage to run it ?

Can I please request a copy of your config.plist, can you provide more info about Coffee Lake to Kaby Lake spoofing?

Spoofing to get UHD 630 to work.
CPU 0x000906E9
ig-platform-id 0x59120000
IntelGFX 0x59128086

Processor is in Piker Alphas script Unknown of course as the EA model is not recognized by Piker-Alpha's script. Also About my Mac says Unknown model as the spoof of CPU ID is for boot only.
He has to add Coffee Lake CPU to his SSDTPRGen database. Anyway using Intel Power Gadget i already got a lot of working states from 800Mhz to 4.7 Ghz.
There is alreasy a request for new CPU models, see https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues/390
View attachment 290037

I ran ssdtPRGen.sh but it aborted, unknown processor, how did you manage to run it ?

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 975
Did you have to do anything special to the installer USB?

I have a similar setup, except a Gaming 7 variant of the MB, NVMe SSDs, 1080ti. It hangs during installer startup using both Sierra (with NVMe patches in config.list) and High Sierra (stock unibeast). Strangely looking at verbose output it looks like a successful boot but it abruptly stops at some point, and a slightly different point on different attempts.

I strongly recommend disalbling the iGPU as long as NVIDIA webdriver is not installed, as there is a multi GPU to monitor signal problem which avoids setup from starting.
Also make sure all Fake IDs correctly set.

I've noticed on GitHub that there was requests for Coffee Lake ssdtPRGen, I now understand that Fake CPU ID is unrelated to the CPU unknown on the "About This Mac ", thanks for clarifying this. Thanks for your reply and plist. :)

I've noticed on GitHub that there was requests for Coffee Lake ssdtPRGen, I now understand that Fake CPU ID is unrelated to the CPU unknown on the "About This Mac ", thanks for clarifying this. Thanks for your reply and plist. :)

Booting with -v, it also claims nearly at the end that CPU model .....EA is unknown model, whatever you put in your plist FakeCPU section. Interessting fact is, not using iGPU by disabling, main CPU series string is just E9 vs EA from Kaby to CoffeeLake, so even no kernel panic behause somehow related models.
But as i said i think SSDTPRGen.sh is mandatory, because using the IntelCPUInfo.kext shows me already all the P States and the PowerGadget confirmed it. (https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/AppleIntelInfohttps://github.com/Piker-Alpha/AppleIntelInfo)
I remember seeing some devtalk kernel re engineering posts where they even found the E9 and EA string somewhere, so possible for new Macbook/iMac lineup that we will see, we get more native support in Q1 2018. But of course, a multiplicator free "K"CPU will remain "Unknown" but architecture better recognized, as not assembled in real Mac.

The plist should work for you too, unfortunately there are 2 problems:

-Gigabyte Mobos (hat Z97X before) since 100 series no longer support NVRAM storage, so EMUVariableUEFI.efi driver is neccessary which breaks LastBootedVolume and Timeout in Clover. (also an issue, but not fixable reffering to Slice)

-There is a new plist layout, so i don't know for sure, when Clover will mark as depricated or completely shut down the old layout. So we should "migrate" to the new one soon, maybe someone knows how long old syntax will stay useable. If i have the time i will switch to new layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back