Contribute
Register

[Success] lostczech's Kaby Lake ATX: GA-Z170XP-SLI - i7-7700K - GTX 970 - Sierra - 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under the M.I.T. menu, choose the first option, then within that menu select "CPU Upgrade". Lastly, choose the 5Ghz option.
This setting just bumps up the boost (You don't operate at 5Ghz all the time, unless you are video encoding, etc.):
Thanks a lot!

Please help, my built is similar to yours, but I can't have the computer to post. I have z170n gaming 5 and i7700k. The MOBO is ver 1.1 which will accepts the 7th gen CPU. Do you have the same problem at first?

Sorry, I did not have this issue. You are having a much more basic problem that really doesn't have anything to do with building a hackintosh.

I believe you are having a hardware issue somewhere. One of your components is probably causing an issue where the motherboard can not start. I would suggest pulling out nearly everything (Graphic card, all hard drives from SATA, etc). Basically, just the motherboard, CPU, and 1 stick of RAM should be plugged in. If it POSTs, plug in the rest of the RAM, if it POSTs, plug in the graphic card, and so on until you find the piece of hardware that is causing your problem.

Sorry for asking the simple question, I tried with just mobo, cpu and 1 ram. I tried second sets of ram and a second new mobo. Still nothing, so I am thinking it might need a bios update. Anyway, thanks for your reply. Hopefully I'll have the system running soon.

No problem. That did get me thinking... are you running a Kaby Lake CPU on a Z170 board? If so, then I'll bet anything that is your issue. I myself had to go out and buy the cheapest Skylake Pentium ($50) just so I could update the BIOS on the motherboard. Once I did that it was smooth sailing. I then put the Pentium on eBay and it sold for $58! Go figure

Thanks for your help, I bought a cheap skylake cpu and updated the bios, and now I can post. I got a second question. how do you change the FakeCPUID the first time, I changed the FakeCPUID in the USB/EFI/clover/config.plist, but it does not work. In the new computer startup screen, option, then binary ..., the FakeCPUID is 0x000000 and will not allow me to change. I am stuck on the apple logo and nothing happen.

In the clover menu, go to options, then Binaries Patching, then hit the enter/return key to be able to edit the CPUID to 0x0506e3. Hit enter again to save, then esc, esc, boot "external"

Thanks, I finally installed sierra, but I am stuck on Nvidia driver. I had the NividiaWeb enable, but in system preferences, Nvidia driver manager always changed back to os x default graphics driver. I also installed the EmuVariableUefi and still doesn't work. I am using Evga GTX 970.

Greetings!

Would you mind stipulating "what works" and "what doesn't work?" Also, mind sharing your cost-to-build? I realize there will be differences, but am curious where this sits cost-wise.

This seems a build that is what I'm aiming for - though I'm planning on using a 270 series motherboard...

Thanks!!!

Thanks, I finally installed sierra, but I am stuck on Nvidia driver. I had the NividiaWeb enable, but in system preferences, Nvidia driver manager always changed back to os x default graphics driver. I also installed the EmuVariableUefi and still doesn't work. I am using Evga GTX 970.

Would you mind posting your entire Clover plist file here? I actually had the same issue myself when I went to 10.12.4, but the way I solved it was to use a backup of an older config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back