Contribute
Register

[Success] lostczech's Kaby Lake ATX: GA-Z170XP-SLI - i7-7700K - GTX 970 - Sierra - 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, let me change your line:
i just install macos ,Restart, use the clover boot, GO TO OPTIONS AND SET FakeCPUID, select just installed system disk
  • You don't need -v
Because after the installation, restart, can not get into the system, stopped in the apple logo progress bar, so I just look at the end of the -V with what code

Update: Stable overclock at 5GHz
Hi, please may provide more information about this step?
How did you reach a stable oc at 5ghz? Which kind of cpu cooler did you use?

Hi, please may provide more information about this step?
How did you reach a stable oc at 5ghz? Which kind of cpu cooler did you use?

Sorry about that! I updated my original post to include the parts I used. Basically, I used a Cooler Master 212X but had to use arctic silver 5 instead of the paste that was included with the cooler. In the BIOS I modified the clock in the M.I.T. menu. Let me know if you need screenshots of the settings I have there.

Sorry about that! I updated my original post to include the parts I used. Basically, I used a Cooler Master 212X but had to use arctic silver 5 instead of the paste that was included with the cooler. In the BIOS I modified the clock in the M.I.T. menu. Let me know if you need screenshots of the settings I have there.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, please, if possible add screenshots with settings. Thanks again!

Hello, Ahoj lostczech. I need advice with my my PC installation. I have already done all that you wrote, but many times I see something wrong with installation... I need little help.

this happens every time :(
Photo on 20-03-2017 at 21.47.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply. Yes, please, if possible add screenshots with settings. Thanks again!
Under the M.I.T. menu, choose the first option, then within that menu select "CPU Upgrade". Lastly, choose the 5Ghz option.
bios-cpu.jpg

This setting just bumps up the boost (You don't operate at 5Ghz all the time, unless you are video encoding, etc.):
intel-shot.png

Hello, Ahoj lostczech. I need advice with my MayPC intalation. I have allready done all what you wrote but many times I see something wrong with installation... I need little help.

Do you have the same hardware as me, or something different? I've never seen that boot error before..

Hi no I don't have same hw like you. I bought i3 7100, 3.9GHz, motherboard Gigabyte H270N - WIFI. This motherboard has only USB 3 ports. I read something about, may be the problem is with port but I'm not sure... I tried a really lot things to do but nothing work. :(
On forums I read something about this, the articles is about NO ENTRY... thanks for help to find me a solution.

Sothapana, Your post is off topic for this thread which deals only with lostczech's components in his build. Additionally, your components are a newer generation than lostczech's and, as a result, has a different set of problems and solutions.

Please post your problem(s) in stand alone thread in the Sierra Desktop Support forum section. https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/sierra-desktop-support.186

For Kaby Lake based systems, see [NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS.

BTW, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back