Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Installed Monterey 12.6 with OC 8.4 on Asus LGA775 P5G41T-M LX V2 / Xeon L5420 and NVIDIA GT730

CNE Direct sent me the wrong computer... sent me a 7060 micro, not as advertised, not what I ordered. That will not work for me. And now no more in stock, bummer. I knew something was up when the box seemed a lil small and light. #life

Last edited:
Last edited:
Let's see what shows up next week.
This co. you ordered from, has a lot more in stock (30+) so you should get one.

At new in box retail price Dell is asking nearly $1,150 for these with half the ram and an HDD.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Look at how many of these "new sealed box" versions of the 7060 MT sold at $398 just yesterday.
8 of them, yesterday afternoon in a 5.5 hr. period.

Screen Shot 12.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I made a mistake. My GA-X58A-UD3R is retired, existing X58 is ASUS P5X58D-E. I am still uploading its EFI here, hope you will get an idea.

OC is 0.85, Monterey 12.6.3 is tested. Note you should not edit SMBIOS by GenSMBIOS or similar tools, but replacing the SN manually. The EFI is edited to spoof board id to MacPro7,1 while keep MacPro5,1 as the base. this is important to allow speed stepping for X58.

Attachments

• EFI_85_P6X58D-E.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 52
Sorry I made a mistake. My GA-X58A-UD3R is retired, existing X58 is ASUS P5X58D-E. I am still uploading its EFI here, hope you will get an idea.

OC is 0.85, Monterey 12.6.3 is tested. Note you should not edit SMBIOS by GenSMBIOS or similar tools, but replacing the SN manually. The EFI is edited to spoof board id to MacPro7,1 while keep MacPro5,1 as the base. this is important to allow speed stepping for X58.
Appreciate the reply!

This co. you ordered from, has a lot more in stock (30+) so you should get one.

At new in box retail price Dell is asking nearly $1,150 for these with half the ram and an HDD.
The one i ordered on eBay arrived yesterday, what i ordered/wanted. Current diving in! @trs96 thanks again. I will post/reply again when successful!
69844444102__272A8F82-82A7-45E4-84E8-92FBFA59DA9D.jpeg

I don't see anything wrong with that statement and that is true. It just does not mention that there is a workaround.

You need to be more specific about exactly where you have the issue. But with a quick look at your EFI, you need to change the SMBIOS to supported model unless you have the vmm patches. Change your SMBIOS to something like iMac19,1 and you don't need all those PlatformNVRAM, DataHUB, and SMBIOS entries in PlatformInfo, just keep the Generic. Change your csr-active-config to <03080000> for Keplar patching with OCLP.

R U kidding me? Do you see this post?

No one is "kidding" you. Monterey does not natively support your hardware.

You can do what the OP of that thread did - build an SSDT and use OCLP to create root patches - and possibly achieve the same.

Go ahead and let us know how you get on.

Back