GeForce GT 730
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Thanks to this community and articles I was able to install my first Hackintosh! yey

My computer:

Intel Core i7, 4790, 3.60GHz
16GB DDR3 Ram
HD Seagate 2TB
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (since I turned off NVidia)
I am not sure about the model of my motherboard (Gigabyte).

I tried installing El Capitan but ran into a bunch of problems, mainly with the display and resolution.

Then I came back to Yosemite and installed it with multibeast as a post-installation tool but was not able to boot it.

I installed Yosemite once again this time without Multibeast and works fine for a week now.

The problem I encounter at the moment is that I can't install one particular third party software which says that I must upgrade my Mac to at least 10.5

When I open About This Mac it says it is iMac (Summer 2001).

I also learned that this can be changed through System Definition in Multibeast, but I am afraid to play with it once again now when I am all well settled.

Any recommendations, thanks?

Moved to Yosemite Desktop Support

Your best choice for a System definition is iMac 14,1 or 14,2. Use 14,2 if you plan to add a graphics
card in the future. You could also try the default Mac Pro 3,1. Not a perfect match but is always a
good bet to get things working. What are you using to boot if you have no bootloader installed ?

Would you post a screenshot of the Multibeast choices you tried that gave you problems.

How is your monitor connected ? DVI, VGA or HDMI ?

Hi trs96,

I apologize for not posting the thread on the appropriate place.

I use two monitors, connected with VGA.

I use clover, but I think I installed it separately. It is kind of a foggy process for me now when I try to remember. I was confused and bit of disorganized and if I can recall I think that I installed it separately.

How to make a screenshot of the Multicast choices? They were on the previous installation of Yosemite.

Thanks.

Hi trs96,

I use two monitors, connected with VGA.

How to make a screenshot of the Multibeast choices? They were on the previous installation of Yosemite.

Thanks.

VGA analog connections are no longer supported on any current Macs. Use DVI or HDMI if you can.
You don't need a screen shot. Just type out the names of the choices you made if you remember them.
We'll also need to know the exact model of your Motherboard. Look on the box it came in or on the
actual board itself.

My motherboard model is:
GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S

For installing the Multibeast I followed this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ1byvvV3Ok
At the end at post-installation tools.

What I need to do to change VGA inputs? I need some sort of a new card or?

My motherboard model is:
GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S

For installing the Multibeast I followed this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ1byvvV3Ok
At the end at post-installation tools.

What I need to do to change VGA inputs? I need some sort of a new card or?

For just basic video via HDMI or DVI you could add a GT210 or GT610 by PNY/EVGA/Asus
Those have been working with El Capitan. Require Inject Nvidia / Yes

Yes, that guide did have you install Clover as your bootloader. I would clean install El Capitan
following this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
Then you don't have to install Clover the manual way.

You'll want to use the DVI on your GT610 gfx card and Inject Nvida Yes to do the install of El Cap.

12946944_10208633183483974_702899807_o.jpg
As far as I can tell, this VGA isn't it?

I would stay away from VGA/VGA Adaptors when using OS X because OS X doesn't have support for VGA. Only use DVI or HDMI, DisplayPort, mDP.

Thank you a lot for your time and advice.

So, the next thing is to buy Graphic card and install El Capitan.

So best option for now is to not mess with the System Definition to change iMac 2001 in About This Mac (which prevents me to install the software I want to install) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back