Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 Sierra 10.12 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! I might add this in my guide as an extra bit of info, and give you credit if you find it to be 100% working with the x99 ud4

Unfortunately, the second row on the back of the board is detected for me as USB 2.0 only, though the other ports are all fine and the system is stable. I'm still working on a final SSDT-UIAC that I hope to share soon. If anyone can confirm their status on that row with this method that'd be great.

Unfortunately, the second row on the back of the board is detected for me as USB 2.0 only, though the other ports are all fine and the system is stable. I'm still working on a final SSDT-UIAC that I hope to share soon. If anyone can confirm their status on that row with this method that'd be great.

ok thanks for the update let me know when you get it 100%

ok thanks for the update let me know when you get it 100%

It works! I've been "restarting" for days now and it always picked it up as 2.0. I did a full unplug today and the second row is picked as SSP5. By now I consider my method 100% good. I'll upload an SSDT soon.

Hi,
need to know if installed a Intel Xeon E5-2558, would be a good choice, leaving the build the same as @malki one as possible.

It works! I've been "restarting" for days now and it always picked it up as 2.0. I did a full unplug today and the second row is picked as SSP5. By now I consider my method 100% good. I'll upload an SSDT soon.

good! thanks!

Hi,
need to know if installed a Intel Xeon E5-2558, would be a good choice, leaving the build the same as @malki one as possible.

I don't know. I would only try whats recommended by tonymacx86's buyers guide or successful builds

I just want to say firstly, thank you for this guide. I used it to buy all of my hardware for my first hackintosh (or any computer for that matter) build and it went very smoothly. I would like to know if anyone has figured out how to change the "about this mac" text properly display graphics, processor, etc. Also I don't know how to tell if the processor is running at the 4.3 OC or not. Also I am using ddr4 2133 memory instead of 2400 like the guide. What setting should I be using for that under BIOS if i want to OC it as well?

I just want to say firstly, thank you for this guide. I used it to buy all of my hardware for my first hackintosh (or any computer for that matter) build and it went very smoothly. I would like to know if anyone has figured out how to change the "about this mac" text properly display graphics, processor, etc. Also I don't know how to tell if the processor is running at the 4.3 OC or not. Also I am using ddr4 2133 memory instead of 2400 like the guide. What setting should I be using for that under BIOS if i want to OC it as well?

change about this mac section within clover. Check if your overclock is working in the bios. Overclock memory via profile 1 or 2.

• Currently running Sierra 10.12.3
  • Change Bios settings to 4.3 GHz (if possible test stability on another OS)
  • Check my attached config for Kernel patches, all of them are needed.
  • Important: Haswell-E CPUID Patch has to match your processor. Info here.
  • Generate proper SSDT. I used:
    ./ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4300 -xcpm 1
  • Inject SSDT on SortedOrder in Clover, again check my config. There's several options on the acpi section picked from metacollin's guide.
  • If you want to change the About this Mac info check my config. I injected frequency and other info.
  • Important: For stability I'm not using Memory Xtreme profile. I haven't really read on the proper injection but my systems are stable only when the default option is set on bios. This is regardless of your overclocking choices.
  • Test stepping performance and temperatures with Intel Power Gadget & Geekbench.
  • Please note I removed my SMBIOS info from this file, I use MacPro 6,1. Generate your own.

Attachments

• config_noSMBIOS.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 265
change about this mac section within clover. Check if your overclock is working in the bios. Overclock memory via profile 1 or 2.
My systems are not stable when Overclocking memory, do you know how to properly inject memory info? To be fair, they only crash on very specific situations but one way to trigger it is to encode something with handbrake.

My systems are not stable when Overclocking memory, do you know how to properly inject memory info? To be fair, they only crash on very specific situations but one way to trigger it is to encode something with handbrake.

not sure. All the info I have is in my guide, my system has been running great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back