Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 Sierra 10.12 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this guide, amazing work you did!

I have 2 problems though: WiFi doesn't work, even after the multibeast install, so I can't install drivers from Clover Configurator. Wifi is On, it says "Looking for networks" but it doesn't find any.
When I go into System Information -> PCI, it says "There was an error while gathering PCI device information."
I also tried with a USB Wifi dongle but it didn't work, seems it's less likely to be compatible.

Also, I tried installing the Nvidia web drivers from the link you provided but it says the OS version is not supported.

If you have an idea on how to solve these issues it would be great! Thanks

Sierra version: 10.12.3
I have this card: TRENDnet N600 Wireless Network Adapter - Dual Band, PCI-Express 1.0, 802.11a/b/g/n, 300 Mbps, 5GHz, (TEW-726EC)

Thank you for this guide, amazing work you did!

I have 2 problems though: WiFi doesn't work, even after the multibeast install, so I can't install drivers from Clover Configurator. Wifi is On, it says "Looking for networks" but it doesn't find any.
When I go into System Information -> PCI, it says "There was an error while gathering PCI device information."
I also tried with a USB Wifi dongle but it didn't work, seems it's less likely to be compatible.

Also, I tried installing the Nvidia web drivers from the link you provided but it says the OS version is not supported.

If you have an idea on how to solve these issues it would be great! Thanks

Sierra version: 10.12.3
I have this card: TRENDnet N600 Wireless Network Adapter - Dual Band, PCI-Express 1.0, 802.11a/b/g/n, 300 Mbps, 5GHz, (TEW-726EC)

try the
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GMPZ0A/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

my friend has one and it works with no problems, although have never tested with 10.12 or an x99 system. But I think it will still work

Followed this guide to install a 5820k on a Asus X99-s, but I have no USB3. (the rest of the install was the smoothest OSX install I have ever done, so thanks!)

It's an Asmedia 1042a 'hub' and from some reading it doesn't look like may people have had much success with it. Is it worth pursuing?

Last edited:
Followed this guide to install a 5820k on a Asus X99-s, but I have no USB3. (the rest of the install was the smoothest OSX install I have ever done, so thanks!)

It's an Asmedia 1042a 'hub' and from some reading it doesn't look like may people have had much success with it. Is it worth pursuing?

not sure how to get it if its not for this motherboard... But glad it was easy to install osx!

So two months in now, I'm having extreme keyboard input delays, sometimes I miss keys or have the key repeat on its own too many times, what do you think might be causing it?

So two months in now, I'm having extreme keyboard input delays, sometimes I miss keys or have the key repeat on its own too many times, what do you think might be causing it?

Maybe keyboard itself malfunctioning. Try different keyboard. Try different usb port. If its a wireless keyboard try changing batteries. Try a ps/2 keyboard see if it works. Try keyboard in windows. Need to troubleshoot more first

not sure how to get it if its not for this motherboard... But glad it was easy to install osx!

'Another forum' has informed me that it is natively supported as of 10.11.6. So plan of action is to remove GENERICUSBXHCI and some other kexts I have tried to use and edit the devices into the DSDT.

Fingers crossed!

'Another forum' has informed me that it is natively supported as of 10.11.6. So plan of action is to remove GENERICUSBXHCI and some other kexts I have tried to use and edit the devices into the DSDT.

Fingers crossed!

good luck!

Thanks a lot. I couldn't do a fresh sierra install. Did follow your Capitan install using https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...itan-10-11-2-clover-guide-100-working.183441/ and did a direct update. Successfully installed sierra and then followed this instruction for post installation. All worked fine. I have working sierra now. I have only one issue. The boot fails with "failed to allocate error" intermittently. Without any change few boot attempts fails and few go thru fine.. I never had this problem Yosemite. Any help / suggestion. Thanks in advance. Attached is my efi folder.
Sorry.. posted the same in the other capitan thread wrongly

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 211
Thanks a lot. I couldn't do a fresh sierra install. Did follow your Capitan install using https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...itan-10-11-2-clover-guide-100-working.183441/ and did a direct update. Successfully installed sierra and then followed this instruction for post installation. All worked fine. I have working sierra now. I have only one issue. The boot fails with "failed to allocate error" intermittently. Without any change few boot attempts fails and few go thru fine.. I never had this problem Yosemite. Any help / suggestion. Thanks in advance. Attached is my efi folder.
Sorry.. posted the same in the other capitan thread wrongly

Download OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d74tdymovdxmlly/OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi?dl=0 (Source: https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/ )

Copy OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi to your /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder and remove OsXAptioFix2Drv.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back