Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 Sierra 10.12 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure why that is. are you using the x99 ud4 motherboard?
yes. this is my System Spec :

Motherboard : X99 Series
CPU TYPE : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz Intel Xeon
CPU ID : Ox306F2 (198386)
Cores : 6 Cores, 12 Threads @ 3298MHz Bus: 100MHz FSB: 400MHz
Graphics card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

I ordered Samsung 960 EVO NVMe just to realize after installing everything that this motherboard runs its m.2 at x2/x1 speeds and so the 960 evo won't perform to its potential. I kept getting around 700MB/S for reads which is far from its advertised speeds.

I followed kgp's guide and generated ssdt to get full speed stepping for the CPU and although it worked, Sierra was kind of sluggish and I kept getting low geekbench scores. When I followed your guide everything works perfectly and Sierra is running smoothly.

I have a very smooth working system but I also want the speeds of Samsung 960 EVO NVMe. So I have two options
  1. Return the Samsung 960 EVO NVMe and keep my currently stable system.
  2. Buy a new motherboard that supports faster speeds for m.2 NVMe and risk going through the hassle of setting up everything again. I just wish that my current NVMe installation would work immediately without any changes if I switch to another motherbaord.

kgb's guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ill-tridentz-aorus-gtx-1080-ti-xtreme.211621/

Thanks for the guide

Did have have Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) disabled in your BIOS??? With EIST enabled you have a tremendous loss of CPU performance. At present EIST is not properly support on MacOS.

Hi, I have installed everything to the letter from the guide, and it was the smoothest and quickest hackintosh installation ever. For me. Only my USB3.0 does not work. I have all the kexts and have installed patch in multibeast, but same as @japxbo

Any suggestion what to try?

Overall it seems stable, it is about the same geekbench score as in el capitan, around 22000 on stock clock.

Thanks Malki

I tried to use Generic 3rd party USB 3.0 kext by RehabMan, removed 4 usb related kexts (Two FakePCIID..., USBInjectAll.kext and X99_Injector USB 3.kext) from EFI>CLOVER>Kexts>Other and put there Generic kext. And also removed from SLE the USBInjectAll.kext and put there the Generic USB kext with Kext Utility. I really don't understand enough the process, I don't know if this all was necessary to remove and where to add the generic kext. But bottomline is that the behaviour regarding usb 3 was the same. Not working. I even disabled the KextToPatch USB Increase port limit in Clover Configurator and tried just the Generic usb 3 kext, but everything behaves the same.

Now I have everything returned to resemble your guide.

Something I have noticed, sometimes, not every time, when I plug in USB 3.0 External disk to the USB 3.0 Port, the audio card that is plugged to usb 2 and fully working, reboots, like as if it was plugged out and in, I see that by the lights flashing on it in the same way when system boots. I really don't know if that can be indicative for anything.

Store Jet Transcend and My Book are both USB 3.0 Disks plugged to USB 3.0 Ports on the back.

Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 11.06.26.png

Last edited:
Hi Malki

I did a clean install on a new hard drive following your guide from start to finish. My motherboard is an Asus AII. I had Intel xHCI mode « Enabled » in the bios. I ended up having all the usb ports working with the usb 3.0 ports backward usb 2.0 compatible. Even the 3.1 ports are showing in Apple System info. However, I was unable to install Voodoo HDA audio with the current Clover version installed by MultiBeast. I then updated to Clover v.4061 which allowed me to install Voodoo audio. But when I rebooted after the voodoo installation with Intel xHCI enabled, none of the usb ports was working; neither my wired keyboard nor my mouse was responding no matter what. usb port I was using. I then switched from Intel xHCI « Enabled » to « Smart Auto ». The usb 2.0 ports are now working but the usb 3.0 ports have lost their usb 2.0 compatibility.

Any idea what might have gone wrong?

Thanks

@Coquin @malki

I just enabled XHCI in bios and suddenly this:

Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 16.50.38.png

Everything is seen as usb3.0, and working. If this system report is only cosmetics, I'm ok with it.

Thanks for help Coquin.

yes. this is my System Spec :

Motherboard : X99 Series
CPU TYPE : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz Intel Xeon
CPU ID : Ox306F2 (198386)
Cores : 6 Cores, 12 Threads @ 3298MHz Bus: 100MHz FSB: 400MHz
Graphics card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

check xhci settings in bios change to smart auto, auto, or enabled see if that makes a difference.

is it x99 ud4 motherboard rev 1.0 or rev 1.1

If that doesn't work, try using beta bios found here:
https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-beta-bios.html

I am using f23c and have been for a while

Hi Malki

I did a clean install on a new hard drive following your guide from start to finish. My motherboard is an Asus AII. I had Intel xHCI mode « Enabled » in the bios. I ended up having all the usb ports working with the usb 3.0 ports backward usb 2.0 compatible. Even the 3.1 ports are showing in Apple System info. However, I was unable to install Voodoo HDA audio with the current Clover version installed by MultiBeast. I then updated to Clover v.4061 which allowed me to install Voodoo audio. But when I rebooted after the voodoo installation with Intel xHCI enabled, none of the usb ports was working; neither my wired keyboard nor my mouse was responding no matter what. usb port I was using. I then switched from Intel xHCI « Enabled » to « Smart Auto ». The usb 2.0 ports are now working but the usb 3.0 ports have lost their usb 2.0 compatibility.

Any idea what might have gone wrong?

Thanks

glad its working. for voodoohda download the kext only and drop in your kext folder in clover. No need to "install" it. If that doesn't work try finding another audio solution since you have a different motherboard, might need a different method.

@Coquin @malki

I just enabled XHCI in bios and suddenly this:

View attachment 251463

Everything is seen as usb3.0, and working. If this system report is only cosmetics, I'm ok with it.

Thanks for help Coquin.

good work!

Thanks Malki

My motherboard is an Asus X99-AII. I am using the latest bios for my board. I tried Intel XHCI "Enabled, Auto and Smart Auto" and "Smart Auto" is the only choice that works. I forgot to mention that only two of the four rear usb 2.0 ports are working which limits me to two usb 2.0 ports. As for the audio, it is working perfectly with Voodoo HDA.

Thanks

did all you said on your original post, still cant get to clover screen. i see the little white "_"move for some seconds then it goes back to bios. any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back