Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 High Sierra 10.13 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey malki, as always thanks for the great post. I went upgraded my hackintosh tonight and everything works perfectly, even the sound

I Have Corsair AX860i

The possibility of increasing ram is due to AE which uses most of it.

Sometimes i do have 422HQ footage from Black Magic 4k Video assist, but it hasn't shown any trouble if running on an SSD.

As i was shooting last couple of weeks i havent rendered, so guess what, today problem came back :banghead: I'll try to change the cable on the PSU connector see if that helps. It's weird 2 weeks ago this didn't happen rendering for over an hour...

422 4k hq should be fine from an ssd, and your psu should be fine. May need to upgrade ram if its crashing like I said. Soon as the ram maxes, Adobe will crash. Otherwise there is a hardware issue we don't know about. Or some sort of corrupt files. It's tricky but I'm sure you will figure it out. Good luck.

Hi malki and others, I have installed everything, works great. I have USB problem that I can’t solve after hours of trying, when I do everything by the guide, my USB 3.0 devices are not working at all in 3.0 ports. 2.0 devices work, and 3.0 devices work in 2.0 ports. If I remove all the kexts from EFI>CLOVER>Kexts>10.13 they work in 3.0 ports but only as 2.0, in system report they’re under 2.0bus.

On my sierra installation enabling XHCI solved the problem, but now if I enable XHCI in bios, USB 2.0 ports (keyboard, mouse, soundcard) are off, and 3.0 devices still don’t work.

If anyone else solved USB issues somehow, please chime in, point me what could I try.

Other thing is the scaling on UHD display, I have LG 27” UHD monitor, and default for display resolution in display settings is HD. I can change to other scaled resolutions, like 2650 or 3000 something horizontally, and that should work as HiDpi mode, let’s say I set to 2650x1440 where the system fonts etc are nice and readable. Should not then UHD videos and photos then be displayed in full resolution on a full screen in actual size, like on retina displays with HiDpi mode? Because my videos or photos when set to playback actual size appear much larger that the screen set to 2650x1440, as if it was max resolution for the display. @malki, I noticed that you have LG UHD display hooked up too, when you set “default for display” what resoluton do you get? Do you choose scaled resolutions, and does it work as it should, If I understand the process at all. Thanks a lot.

For USB follow my guide make sure you did everything. I have no problem with USB 2.0 or 3.0. Set your bios to "load optimized defaults" and don't change anything except your overclock on ram / cpu and hd / ssd boot order. Whatever xhci setting it sets automatically seems to work for USB on my board.

My monitors (all) detect perfectly in MacOs High Sierra. My 2 main monitors are UHD so 3840x2160 is the true resolution for each. MacOs will scale them so each looks like 1080p size wise, but both are actually still in 4k res (High dpi mode). You can control how much you scale them, if at all. I hate how small unscaled 4k makes text look though. Make sure your actually scaling and not just running at a lower res or it will look much worse. Make sure you have latest nvidia drivers and that should work fine.

Hey malki, as always thanks for the great post. I went upgraded my hackintosh tonight and everything works perfectly, even the sound

Good job I'm glad to hear that!

For USB follow my guide make sure you did everything. I have no problem with USB 2.0 or 3.0. Set your bios to "load optimized defaults" and don't change anything except your overclock on ram / cpu and hd / ssd boot order. Whatever xhci setting it sets automatically seems to work for USB on my board.

I did it once more to the letter, and still my USB3 devices don't work.
When I compare your Clover config screenshots to mine I see one difference in KextsToPatch section, I have one missing entry, where did I go wrong? (screenshot attached)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 11.07.51.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 11.07.51.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 172
I did it once more to the letter, and still my USB3 devices don't work.
When I compare your Clover config screenshots to mine I see one difference in KextsToPatch section, I have one missing entry, where did I go wrong? (screenshot attached)

thats exactly it. you need that 2nd patch for it to work properly.

For USB 3.0 you need these 4 kexts:

USBInjectAll.Kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.Kext
FakePCIID.kext
X99_Injector USB 3.kext

Once you have those.

You need to run multibeast and install USB > Increase Max Port Limit (for 9 series motherboards)

That should add the 2 kextstopatch entries, fully enabling usb 3.0

I am running 10.3.1. I can't guarantee that it works after 10.3.1. But i bet it does

Yes, I do all that, but multibeast fails to add the patch to clover config

This is 10.13.3, all the latest kexts and multibeast. I install selected patch with multibeast, but config.plist does not change.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 20.07.52.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 20.07.52.png
    221.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 20.11.48.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 20.11.48.png
    279.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Hi Malki, have you upgraded to 10.13.3 yet? I have a similar setup (only a different motherboard) and whenever I install the webdrivers I end up in a boot loop. If you have upgraded, have you experienced anything similar to this behavior?

Thanks!

This is 10.13.3, all the latest kexts and multibeast. I install selected patch with multibeast, but config.plist does not change.

I added KextsToPatch manually in clover configurator, and now USB3 external drives connect and show up, but they are still under 2.0 Bus. Something weird is going on.

EDIT: Looks like some of the USB 3 ports on the MOBO work, not all. Well, guess that it's as good as it gets for now.

Once again thanks for great guide @malki, I followed your guides since 10.11, can I buy you a beer somehow :).

Last edited:

Need to check 7/8/9 series support! That's a newer multibeast version they changed it. Just check 7/8/9 series support as well it should work!

Hi Malki, have you upgraded to 10.13.3 yet? I have a similar setup (only a different motherboard) and whenever I install the webdrivers I end up in a boot loop. If you have upgraded, have you experienced anything similar to this behavior?

Thanks!

Haven't upgraded to 10.13.3 yet, still waiting

I added KextsToPatch manually in clover configurator, and now USB3 external drives connect and show up, but they are still under 2.0 Bus. Something weird is going on.

EDIT: Looks like some of the USB 3 ports on the MOBO work, not all. Well, guess that it's as good as it gets for now.

Once again thanks for great guide @malki, I followed your guides since 10.11, can I buy you a beer somehow :).

Need to check 7/8/9 series support! That's a newer multibeast version they changed it. Just check 7/8/9 series support as well it should work!

Thanks, but that's not it, tried it and still only one USB3 port works as USB3, other ports are identified as USB2. It is enough for me since I only really need this to download hundreds of GBs of video footage from the cameras and cards and other media, one at a time.

Only variable that comes to my mind is that I have a monitor with a USB hub connected to that one port that works, is it possible that it has something to do with why the other USB3 ports are not properly identified, I'll check if unplugging the hub would somehow change things and report back.

Last edited:
Thanks, but that's not it, tried it and still only one USB3 port works as USB3, other ports are identified as USB2. It is enough for me since I only really need this to download hundreds of GBs of video footage from the cameras and cards and other media, one at a time.

Only variable that comes to my mind is that I have a monitor with a USB hub connected to that one port that works, is it possible that it has something to do with why the other USB3 ports are not properly identified, I'll check if unplugging the hub would somehow change things and report back.

doubt it. if worse comes to worst... just install win10 to a separate ssd, then use windows to copy your files @ usb3 speeds and boot back into Mac to edit. sometimes I do that even though usb 3.0 works for me in high Sierra.

* btw I just upgraded now to 10.3.3 so ill check in if there's an issue with my usb3, actually just did a clean reinstall (I was idiotically trying to boot from my 10.12 usb after the upgrade wouldn't boot, I got upset and reinstalled Mac, realized it was 10.12) lol. so now I have the right usb & reinstalled 10.13.1, upgraded finally to 10.3.3. Rechecking my work as we speak

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back