Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 High Sierra 10.13 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi It's me again

Good news is the audio is still working after 6 months..

however i got a problem after recent osx update

After installing the update the startup loading bar is really slow and always stuck at 90%

I suspect it's a audio driver issue then it works as normal when the "reset HDA..." is ticked in startup option.

It's annoying that I have to go into startup option and tick the box everytime i start the computer. is there a permanent solution? like replacing the driver? do i have to use multibeast again?

It's annoying that I have to go into startup option and tick the box everytime i start the computer. is there a permanent solution?

Reset.png

Thanks so much for taking the time and making this guide
This worked for me with 5820K and MSI X99s Mpower. The exact same files and steps worked for me..
only thing I changed is Disable VT-D in bios to aviod an allocation error that happens randomly on startup
This error never happened when I use dart=0 ,so I googled that and knew it just disables VT-D
But now all works perfectly.

great! Glad it works

guide updated 4/8/2018 final update

Hello !

I have the same config as you and same problem as Littlefoot : my usb3 ports are not recognised, only the usb2 works :/
I installed as you did in multibeast and placed the x99 inject kext in efi/clover/kexts/10.13.
Here is my config.plist. I think there is a problem with the "kexttopatch" area. If someone has an idea it would be great ! All the rest works perfectly.
Thank you very much !

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 215
Hello !

I have the same config as you and same problem as Littlefoot : my usb3 ports are not recognised, only the usb2 works :/
I installed as you did in multibeast and placed the x99 inject kext in efi/clover/kexts/10.13.
Here is my config.plist. I think there is a problem with the "kexttopatch" area. If someone has an idea it would be great ! All the rest works perfectly.
Thank you very much !

it should work. if you followed my guide to the t and have the exact same motherboard it should work. make sure device plugged in is an actual usb 3.0 device or it will show up under usb 2.0 devices. only true usb 3.0 devices will be recognized as 3.0

hello @malki
thank you for this great guide,

i would like to make a new build like yours in the thread,
just with a difference:
a Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 Ti (ampi extreme 11gb)

do you guys think? it will be ok?
I really need a new great rig!

thank you!!

Graphics card should be fine, although I'm not sure where you will find the x99 ud4 motherboard.

This guide is only for x99 ud4 motherboard. I cannot guarantee success with other motherboards although it is a high chance it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back