Contribute
Register

[Success] i5 2500K - Zotac Z77- ITX - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miramar and minhack, this thread has been very helpful. I was able to use the dsdt-HDEF-HDMI4000-AR9285.am DSDT you posted on my H77ITX-B-E mobo + i5 3570K CPU. Your DSDT enabled analog audio and Wifi on my board, although HDMI audio did not work. I am going to try to get HDMI audio working and then create my own DSDT for the H77 board, to keep the ball rolling...

thanks again for all the help! :D

Hi Herflet,
Good to hear things are progressing. If I were you I would as soon as possible extract your own DSDT. I and Miramar can then help in applying the most important of the patches we made to your own DSDT. It's never a great idea to run the DSDT from a different board, even if they are similar.....
To get your DSDT make sure you have a stable system and a backup and then remove your DSDT (make sure that you and restart). If the system does not panic on the restart then you can extract your DSDT by copying and pasting the following code into the "Terminal" application.

Code:
sudo perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

This will put a copy of your own native DSDT on the desktop. You can then zip it and upload it to the forum and I will happily apply patches to it from my DSDT/Miramars for you to get your own H77 version working.

:thumbup:

I love that mainboard, but so far i get no audio and sleep working (Z77-ITX with i5-3570K) - any ideas on this?

After some kext-patching the Blueetooth/WiFi combi-card that comes with the board works perfectly (so far no AirDrop, but maybe I will get this to work)

Is this to say Wifi and Bluetooth can be made to work with the included card? :D What edits/patching did you actually do?

I'm a little worried that not everyone seems to get the same card either. Apparently this depends on region? Is that right? If so, does anyone know what card I'll get here in the UK?

Thanks!

Is this to say Wifi and Bluetooth can be made to work with the included card? :D What edits/patching did you actually do?

I'm a little worried that not everyone seems to get the same card either. Apparently this depends on region? Is that right? If so, does anyone know what card I'll get here in the UK?

Only the WiFi part of the AR9265/AR3001 combo card works, the bluetooth does not. You do a simple kext plist edit or inject via DSDT. Details can be found in my build's thread.

I got mine in Malaysia and it came with the AR9285 card. I think minihack is in the UK and his came with the RALink card. Best to check with whom you'd be buying from. I think it probably depends more on who's importing the board than the region. Maybe different batches has different cards, hard to say.

Thanks, miramar!
I'll make sure I ask before I buy. I can always get hold of a third-party card if necessary. Just a shame the DBT-120 doesn't appear to be available in the UK, guess I'll have to DIY an Apple bluetooth card to USB, as on my present system.

Hi MattMachack....
Yep, I'm in the UK and I got my board from Kustom PCs and it came with the Ralink. Not a deal breaker as you can get the apple compatible card I mentioned for £15 off ebay.
Other BT adapters will work, I gather the Targus one is recommended for the CustoMac builds. I have my trusty DBT-120 on an internal USB header so as not to waste an external port. Of course though an Apple BT module custom made is an ideal way to go and should be future proof against OS updates.

@minihack

is there a difference between the msata and the "normal" 6GB-SATA-port? Do they offer the same speed? The reason why I'm asking is that I need 5 SATA-ports and want to use the msata with a fast SSD and the rest for the 3 HDD's/1 DVD-drive.

Thanks in advance
Huberer

Only the WiFi part of the AR9265/AR3001 combo card works, the bluetooth does not. You do a simple kext plist edit or inject via DSDT. Details can be found in my build's thread.

I got mine in Malaysia and it came with the AR9285 card. I think minihack is in the UK and his came with the RALink card. Best to check with whom you'd be buying from. I think it probably depends more on who's importing the board than the region. Maybe different batches has different cards, hard to say.

I know that Bluetooth should not work, but for some reason it found my phone having Bluetooth enabled and it was exactly that 9285 combo card... I'm not at home for 2 weeks, but I will give you a further feedback then...

@ Huberer

System profiler tells me that the M-sata slot is a 3GB/s slot. The SSD in it is theoretically 6GB/s capable. I assume that what sys profiler is telling me is correct, but I haven't got windows to verify that it is the slot that is really 3GB/s and not one of those OS X quirks we love.

@ everyone: BTW, I am now running the experimental Mountain Lion Audio ALC892 kext from Toleda and it works fine for me (using HDMI and layout ID 3 in DSDT).

I know that Bluetooth should not work, but for some reason it found my phone having Bluetooth enabled and it was exactly that 9285 combo card... I'm not at home for 2 weeks, but I will give you a further feedback then...

It'd be interesting for you to actually see if the BT works as well as finding devices. As far as I know there is not a single combo BT/wifi card that is known to work yet for hacks.

@ Huberer

System profiler tells me that the M-sata slot is a 3GB/s slot. The SSD in it is theoretically 6GB/s capable. I assume that what sys profiler is telling me is correct, but I haven't got windows to verify that it is the slot that is really 3GB/s and not one of those OS X quirks we love.

@ everyone: BTW, I am now running the experimental Mountain Lion Audio ALC892 kext from Toleda and it works fine for me (using HDMI and layout ID 3 in DSDT).
@minihack, I've read somewhere that the mSata slot is only SATA2 but can you do a speed test on your mSata? I use an app called "Blackmagic Disk Speed Test" available free from the App Store. That might give us an indication of the actual interface speed. Thanks!
By the way, which port is your HDMI audio coming out from with Toleda's new layout:3 kext?

@nico525, I'd be very interested to know about the bluetooth too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back