Contribute
Register

[Success] i5 2500K - Zotac Z77- ITX - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Minihack!

Thanks for the great thread! I'm a newbie to hackintoshing and installed the Samisnake bios update and your DSDT and your Multibeast settings. Sleep and the onboard audio is working, but I'm not sure about power management and HD4000. I don't have an options to change the screen resolution in Display, and can only run 1680x1050 in the chamelon plist. When I try a different resolution the screen is screwed up at boot. Also, I installed HW monitor in Multibeast, but when I try to run it, it says 'No sensors found or FakeSMCDevice unavailable'. Anyone have any ideas about these two issues? Thanks!

Also, forgot to mention I tried miramar's DSDT first after updating to saminsake's bios, had a kp so tried yours and it worked.

Is the null CPU management kext installed in /S/L/E? If so, delete it.
Is graphics enabler set to 'yes' in /Extra/org.chameleon.plist ? If not, change it to 'yes'.

I know that Bluetooth should not work, but for some reason it found my phone having Bluetooth enabled and it was exactly that 9285 combo card... I'm not at home for 2 weeks, but I will give you a further feedback then...

nico525, you're absolutely correct. I have seen the BT part of the Azurewave combo card that ships with the Zotac Z77ITX working in OS X natively but - and it's a big but - you need to boot into Windows first and then restart into OS X and, voila, Bluetooth is active. It's not very useful but it works. Presumably booting into Windows allows the Windows drivers to upload the bluetooth firmware into the AR3001 which remains in the event of a restart. I believe the HP Probook installer for OSX86 does something similar.

Of course, if you shutdown and power on and boot straight into OS X, there's no Bluetooth. Not sure about sleep. Will investigate further.

Hi Minihack!

Thanks for the great thread! I'm a newbie to hackintoshing and installed the Samisnake bios update and your DSDT and your Multibeast settings. Sleep and the onboard audio is working, but I'm not sure about power management and HD4000. I don't have an options to change the screen resolution in Display, and can only run 1680x1050 in the chamelon plist. When I try a different resolution the screen is screwed up at boot. Also, I installed HW monitor in Multibeast, but when I try to run it, it says 'No sensors found or FakeSMCDevice unavailable'. Anyone have any ideas about these two issues? Thanks!

Also, forgot to mention I tried miramar's DSDT first after updating to saminsake's bios, had a kp so tried yours and it worked.

Hi Mikey,
If you still have trouble with resolutions after trying the other advice given then let me know as I can probably help.
By the way, for the HW monitor you must select the motherboard plugins for fakeSMC in multibeast. Try re-running the latest Multibeast release and selecting FakeSMC plus the plugins again - it doesn't matter if you have already done this once as re-installing these things will do no harm. I am suggesting doing this because Multibeast was updated not long ago and the FakeSMC kext and plugins were also updated. HW Monitor needs the right FakeSMC plugins to be able to read data from the motherboard.

Thanks Matt and Minihack, I installed Fake SMC and have HW monitor running. The cpu is switching between 3 frequencies, but mostly stays in 2.6ghz and 3.6ghz, even when not running any programs. There was no nullpowermangment kext in S/L/E and graphics enabler was set to 'yes', and still can't switch resolutions.

Thanks Matt and Minihack, I installed Fake SMC and have HW monitor running. The cpu is switching between 3 frequencies, but mostly stays in 2.6ghz and 3.6ghz, even when not running any programs. There was no nullpowermangment kext in S/L/E and graphics enabler was set to 'yes', and still can't switch resolutions.

It sounds as though your speedstepping/power management is working fine. If you've seen more than 2 speeds you're good to go: it's rare the OS will select more than 3 in normal operation, but you can be confident I can select other speeds if it needs to.

Is the graphics mode in /Extra/org.chameleon.plist set to the resolution you want to use? If you want 1920 x 1080, for example, it should look like this:
Code:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
It's often the case with Hackintoshes that you can't change the resolution within OS X, but if you intend to stick to one resolution, that's not a big deal.

...Try re-running the latest Multibeast release and selecting FakeSMC plus the plugins again...

BTW, just for the folks who are reading this thread and yet to run MultiBeast, the UserDSDT configuration loads FakeSMC by default. However, the FakeSMC plugins are not loaded by default. See page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document for a list of the default loads for both EastBeast and UserDSDT. :thumbup:

It sounds as though your speedstepping/power management is working fine. If you've seen more than 2 speeds you're good to go: it's rare the OS will select more than 3 in normal operation, but you can be confident I can select other speeds if it needs to.

Is the graphics mode in /Extra/org.chameleon.plist set to the resolution you want to use? If you want 1920 x 1080, for example, it should look like this:
Code:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
It's often the case with Hackintoshes that you can't change the resolution within OS X, but if you intend to stick to one resolution, that's not a big deal.
Thanks! Glad to hear my speedstepping is normal.

I can only run 1680x1050 and 1920x1080 (using plist), I've tried several others like 1600x900 and 1280x720 without success. After the grey apple logo, the desktop comes up distorted. Then if I go into sleep and come back, I can see a corner of the desktop,

Hi Mikey,

If you click launchpad and then press the "Alt" key do the icons jiggle about? If not, then it looks like you are not getting graphics acceleration for your HD 4000.

This could be due to you using one of my DSDTs which have edits to the IGPU section. For HD 4000 you should not need those edits and you would be better to switch to using one of Miramars DSDTs if you can do that now without KP.

Also, make sure that you did not install the edited AppleIntelSNBgraphicsFB.kext and the Capri kext that I posted on this thread because they are just for HD 3000 based CPUs.

Minihack, I did what you said and the icons jiggled. I also read somewhere that you can check for acceleration by running the screensavers, which I tried and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back