Contribute
Register

[Success] i5 2500K - Zotac Z77- ITX - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Huberer

System profiler tells me that the M-sata slot is a 3GB/s slot. The SSD in it is theoretically 6GB/s capable. I assume that what sys profiler is telling me is correct, but I haven't got windows to verify that it is the slot that is really 3GB/s and not one of those OS X quirks we love.

Thanks for the info. What a pity. So I've to think about connecting the dvd drive to this slot. Hopefully there's an adapter for that.

Yep. For sure it is 3GB/s on the mSATA.

Personally it doesn't worry me as the Crucial SSD in there still runs plenty fast enough for me and I'm not convinced I'd see any real improvement overall even if it was a faster slot.

@MiniHack
That's good to know, thank you! :thumbup: I've got genuine apple bt and wifi in my current machine. Don't think we can get the Targus adapter in the UK, can we? I've ordered a BELKIN - F8T017ng for testing, they are apparently known to work perfectly and have excellent rage/signal strength (they're also easy to find -- you can even get them in PCWorld!). I'll probably attach it to an internal header, too.

Now if only we could get the USB 3.0 on the board working properly, this would arguably be the perfect Z77 ITX hack solution!

@nico525
I'll look forward to hearing back, would be really cool if the included combo card could be made to work fully! :D

OOps I tried that Belkin. For me it works and says it wakes from sleep (i.e. option not greyed out) but in fact it didn't actually wake the Zotac......

Yes, USB 3.0 is patchy. Some things work when plugged in (without needing any other kext - just the Apple one) other things are just not recognised. This seems a common theme across many boards.

I use a Targus BT USB dongle (ACB10US1). I've actually got it on my KVM; it works OOB.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002K6RK0

Unfortunately the Targus ACB10US1 (and a number of the other recommended dongles) don't seem to be available in the UK for some odd reason. You'd think we'd get all the same stuff in Europe as in the good ol' USA! :lol: There is the Targus ACB20EU http://www.targus.com/uk/product_details.asp?sku=ACB20EU (which I suspect might be basically the same), however.

I think the Belkin one I've ordered is a pretty safe bet. I'll report back, although it is slightly OT, I suppose.

I've made up my mind to go ahead with a build using the Zotac Z77, so I'll have a play with the USB 3.0 when I've got everything else working. Anythings possible!

Noodle,

It depends upon your motherboard. Since you have not followed the Forum Rules and filled out your Profile hardware section nor put your motherboard, processor and graphics card in your signature block, I can only tell you that all sleep/wake-up combinations work on my systems.

(PSST! We're not telepathic here. You need to fill out your configuration in the prescribed places. By doing so, you help us help you better. :thumbup: )

Thank you, sir.

I'm still learning to build my first Mac Mini. Going start to order parts. Will update signature once I have it.

Thanks a lot

Noodle

FYI, I received my Belkin F8T017NG and it does work, but doesn't wake the computer from sleep. The range is incredible, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back