Contribute
Register

[Success] i5-2400, GA-H61N-USB3, Radeon HD 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangely enough, I did not have to do that with this build. I'm not entirely sure why it worked without having to use that option though. Unlike some of the other builds I've done, the sound didn't work at all until I installed that kext with MultiBeast, but when I did so, I didn't check off the option for the HDARollback, and and audio worked right away after the next reboot.

On the other builds that I've tried, the sound worked while booting with iBoot, but would stop working after installing Chimera, at which point the HDARollback and kext were both needed to fix it.

So the Edimax Wireless adapter that I mentioned above came in, and so far it seems to be working very well.

The system detected the device right away, and I installed the 10.6 drivers from this page: http://www.edimax.com/en/support_detail ... &pl2_id=44

I'm actually running Lion, but the install went through no problem.

The only down side is that the adapter is not detected as an AirPort device, so you won't have the menubar icon to control it - the driver installer adds a Wireless Network Utility in your apps folder that can be used to configure your network.

As a side note, there's a blue LED inside the plastic portion of the adapter that lights up when connected to a network, and it matches the blue LEDs in my case quite nicely :D

Hello
Can you confirm that the 2 USB 3.0 ports in the back work flawlessly as well?

Thanks.

All of the USB ports, front and back, seem to be working without any issues. I've been using the rear ports for kb/mouse and an external HDD from time to time, and the front ports for flash drives and the wifi card that I mentioned above.

If there's something in particular that you'd like for me to test, let me know and I'll do my best to give it a try.

bbrasky said:
All of the USB ports, front and back, seem to be working without any issues. I've been using the rear ports for kb/mouse and an external HDD from time to time, and the front ports for flash drives and the wifi card that I mentioned above.

If there's something in particular that you'd like for me to test, let me know and I'll do my best to give it a try.

The USB3 ports on my H61N-USB3 don't seem to work. Is there a particular kext that you used to get them to work?

Hi does your VGA that state min req of 500w running stable with Sfx 450w?

emiderics said:
bbrasky said:

The USB3 ports on my H61N-USB3 don't seem to work. Is there a particular kext that you used to get them to work?

I have the same build and I am having a problem with my rear usb3 ports. Anyone get them working?

thebesth2o,
The Forum's Search can help you out. If you have the matching USB 3 controller that MulitBeast supports (see the MultiBeast Features document), then you can at least have USB 2 connectivity with the rear panel USB 3 ports. Apple's OS X doesn't support USB 3, so, if you need USB 3 speeds, then you'll have to buy a 3rd party PCI card with OS X drivers.

Have you attempted to see the problem of the kernel panic?

Also, I will be setting up a dual boot on this system and I wanted to know if it was feasible with 10.7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back