Contribute
Register

[Success] i5-2400, GA-H61N-USB3, Radeon HD 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have problems with my hackintosh, when I have everything installed start the Channel Install multibeast from my usb, i did not get to go apple screen, I think maybe there is some configuration that I have not correctly give the bios.

I have put a hard drive 2.5 "60GB, the H61N-USB3 gigabyte motherboard, the processor is a 2.9 Ghz G620, keyboard and mouse via USB, and of course my usb memory multibeast.

Could you help me set up the bios in case I missed something?

Thank you very much!

bernitek,

Are you using a PCIe graphics card in your build? One thing that I noticed during my install was that I was only able to use one video output port on the card during installation. I would see what appeared to be a normal startup, but then no apple screen - just a blank display. I found that on my card, a Radeon 6850, that I needed to use the bottom DVI port in order to get video and see the boot screen and installer.

Outside of that, I'm currently using the same BIOS settings recommended in the MultiBeast guide.

SG_Jimmy,

I've had no issues so far with the 450w PSU. I believe something stronger is suggested for the 6850, but with this particular build, you're not really maxing out the 450w unit anyway. I've been playing Trine and Diablo 3 Beta on this box with no issues.

sundanc3,

The 6850 worked out of the box for me, however, I later discovered that if you want to use certain multi-monitor display configurations, that I would need to have a customized ATI6000Controller.kext to get the ports working correctly. I found one customized and posted by Shakin_Handz in the forums, which worked for me, though it's specific to this brand and model of card, so you'll probably need to do some digging if thats what you're after.

ragedarya,

I haven't experienced any kernel panics with this build yet, so I don't know if I have much advice to offer without a little more info.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys, work has had me pretty locked down lately :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back