Contribute
Register

Success - HP Spectre X360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I see. Actually, I used that guide to install Mojave in the first place (so I used the compatible config.plist from there). Even now, Mojave boots. it gets to the login page, and I can login (using my second monitor).
The only issue is with the glitching (starts with the boot), I dunno what caused it and I am not able to figure a way to fix it.

However, I followed your suggestion, and use a new compatible config.plist from the guide just to check. That doesn't solve the problem, it made it even worse because my laptop started rebooting once I login. So, I had to revert to my original config.plist which works, but the glitching is still there.

However, I followed your suggestion, and use a new compatible config.plist from the guide just to check. That doesn't solve the problem, it made it even worse because my laptop started rebooting once I login.

You will need to provide PR files that represent this attempt.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi.
I am sorry for the late reply. I had to finish some work, and I decided alright let's put this mac problem aside for a moment and use windows to finish the job (I triple boot Mojave, Windows 10, and Ubuntu).
I turned on my laptop, started using my windows normally. After a few hours, suddenly, the same problem happened in Windows!!
I am so surprised! I have no idea why! This is Windows, it has nothing to do with Mac OS.
When I purchased my laptop, it had only Windows. I would use it for days without turning in off, and it was working fine.
Now, I have no idea what's going on!!

Hi.
I am sorry for the late reply. I had to finish some work, and I decided alright let's put this mac problem aside for a moment and use windows to finish the job (I triple boot Mojave, Windows 10, and Ubuntu).
I turned on my laptop, started using my windows normally. After a few hours, suddenly, the same problem happened in Windows!!
I am so surprised! I have no idea why! This is Windows, it has nothing to do with Mac OS.
When I purchased my laptop, it had only Windows. I would use it for days without turning in off, and it was working fine.
Now, I have no idea what's going on!!

Have you done an EC reset lately?

Have you done an EC reset lately?
No, I am sure I didn't. However, the electricity goes off sometimes in my city. But the laptop has 100% battery almost always, so it does not shutdown.

Hi.
I have followed the guide. Unfortunately, this brought my laptop to a dead point.
Now the laptop won't boot at all. I turn in on, I see the power light, then the caps button start blinking 5 slow blinks, followed by 3 quick ones. I checked on the HP website and found this.
The EC timed out while waiting for the Bios.
I followed their suggestion (remove peripherals, and reset laptop) but nothing worked.
I am truly stuck now. I can't sent my laptop to hp support because I live in a place where there is no HP support.
Any ideas?

Hi.
I have followed the guide. Unfortunately, this brought my laptop to a dead point.
Now the laptop won't boot at all. I turn in on, I see the power light, then the caps button start blinking 5 slow blinks, followed by 3 quick ones. I checked on the HP website and found this.
The EC timed out while waiting for the Bios.
I followed their suggestion (remove peripherals, and reset laptop) but nothing worked.
I am truly stuck now. I can't sent my laptop to hp support because I live in a place where there is no HP support.
Any ideas?

Do EC reset, as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hello. I managed to get the laptop to run again. And I did an EC reset.
Unfortunately, that did not solve the issue.
If the laptop is shutdown for a period of time (30 minutes for example) then I turn it on, it works fine. Then after a period of usage, the screen starts flickering again (both Mojave and windows 10).
This is really weird and I honestly have no idea why the problem is appearing on windows!!!

Hello. I managed to get the laptop to run again. And I did an EC reset.
Unfortunately, that did not solve the issue.
If the laptop is shutdown for a period of time (30 minutes for example) then I turn it on, it works fine. Then after a period of usage, the screen starts flickering again (both Mojave and windows 10).
This is really weird and I honestly have no idea why the problem is appearing on windows!!!

Since it is happening on Windows, probably not a hackintosh issue.
Hardware problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back