Contribute
Register

Success - HP Spectre X360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the hint.
I found out that my codec is ALC295 and the corresponding layout-id values are: 1,3,13,14,15,28.
I had AppleALC (1.2.7 first time and 1.3.2 second time) in the kexts folder in Clover (tried also in L/E). I had also AppleHDA 282.10 (first time) and AppleHDA 280.12 (second time). Then I tried every single layout-id using Clover configurator into config.plist.
Unfortunately, it didn't work. Still no audio.
Any thoughts on why might be the reason?

Attachments

• debug_4620.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 89
  • ioreg.zip
    718.7 KB · Views: 81
Thank you for the hint.
I found out that my codec is ALC295 and the corresponding layout-id values are: 1,3,13,14,15,28.
I had AppleALC (1.2.7 first time and 1.3.2 second time) in the kexts folder in Clover (tried also in L/E). I had also AppleHDA 282.10 (first time) and AppleHDA 280.12 (second time). Then I tried every single layout-id using Clover configurator into config.plist.
Unfortunately, it didn't work. Still no audio.
Any thoughts on why might be the reason?

If this setup is an attempt to use AppleALC, fundamental mistake: AppleALC.kext is not installed.

Sorry, I just uploaded the wrong files. I have updated them above.
Can you please check again.

Sorry, I just uploaded the wrong files. I have updated them above.
Can you please check again.

Not installed. Check your kextcache output.

You are right! It is not in the kextcache log file.
However, when I checked, I found it in Clover/Kexts/Others!!
And I always use Kext Utility to repair permissions and update the cache. I thought it is doing this automatically.
So my questions are, do I have to put AppleALC in L/E? And do I have to use "sudo kextcache -i /" to update the cache manually?
Thank you very much.

However, when I checked, I found it in Clover/Kexts/Others!!

I think you mean EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
EFI/Clover/kexts is ignored by Clover when config.plist/SystemParameters="Detect" and FakeSMC.kext is in kernel cache (eg. is installed to /L/E or /S/L/E).

All kexts you need should be installed to /L/E; this includes AppleALC.kext.

Thank you very much. This solved my problem.
Now I got the audio working with the latest version of AppleALC and Layout ID = 3.
I appreciate your time and effort.

@RehabMan

Can you please help with sleep-wake issue on hp spectre?

I updated high sierra to mojave. Updated bios, re-patched DSDT.

I have XCPM in patched folder on EFI as I will at some point update plugintype to false and use experimental CPU power management.
I am yet to fix the USB port limit patch and disable nvidia display.

Everything else seem to be working fine except the sleep from wake.
When system wakes up from sleep, I only see mouse pointer on black screen. Even if I connect hdmi monitor, I don't get display on either laptop or monitor.
I updated the EDID as per the guide - EDID dump with darwin dumper. Fixedid to create display-vendor/product files and update byte 20 and checksum on EDID from darvin dumper and install the file.

Still I am facing this issue. Can you please check if I am doing something wrong?

problem reporting files are attached. I added the txt extension to DisplayProductID file as for some reason, i could not select the file for upload.

Attachments

• debug_17804.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 89
  • DisplayProductID-6c3.txt
    964 bytes · Views: 167
I am yet to fix the USB port limit patch and disable nvidia display.

Sounds like you have work to do before investigating too much into why your sleep doesn't work...
(because those two things, not done, can break sleep).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back