Contribute
Register

Success - HP Elitebook 840 G1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Information updated, thanks for the info.

Your profile is missing important details. Please read the FAQ carefully and update your profile accordingly.

The Freezing problem has been fixed finally! looks like it was a macOS Mojave related problem, I reported it to Apple using the Feedback Assistant app and the problem has been fixed with Public Beta 8, I just updated to it, and I can now watch video previews without the entire OS freezing. :headbang:
Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 9.01.02 PM.png

Lol, APPL, please my hack isn't working properly, can you fix it?
- Sure thing, wait a moment :D
Bam.

Hi , i have the same laptop 840 g1 and same specs , i used your clover but have problem with headphone jack when i take out the headphone i don t have any sound , only when restart

Hi , i have the same laptop 840 g1 and same specs , i used your clover but have problem with headphone jack when i take out the headphone i don t have any sound , only when restart
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, please fix your profile as requested in the FAQ.

Hello, I have the same laptop with Mojave running (also thanks to your .zip file :) ) but I have a pair of perplexity: I didn't changed the wifi card yet, I'm still with cable, becuase I read everywhere that HP laptops have a whitelist that prevents us to install hardware not "approved". Is it correct? Is the wifi card you talk about (AzureWave AW CE-123H) accepted by our BIOS? Other question, not so urgent: why the touchpad works perfectly until the installation finishes and after the login the tap function stops working? The touchpad still works, double finger zoom works and two finger scrolling works, physical buttons work, but not the tap. Is it a matter of configuration? Thank you very much for your support and your work!!!

Hello, I have the same laptop with Mojave running (also thanks to your .zip file :) ) but I have a pair of perplexity: I didn't changed the wifi card yet, I'm still with cable, becuase I read everywhere that HP laptops have a whitelist that prevents us to install hardware not "approved". Is it correct? Is the wifi card you talk about (AzureWave AW CE-123H) accepted by our BIOS? Other question, not so urgent: why the touchpad works perfectly until the installation finishes and after the login the tap function stops working? The touchpad still works, double finger zoom works and two finger scrolling works, physical buttons work, but not the tap. Is it a matter of configuration? Thank you very much for your support and your work!!!

Your laptop has no WiFi whitelist.
Read the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.261719/

Hello RHM, thanks for your answer. I was asking just because on every description I found, the seller writes in bolded red that the card won't work with HP and IBM laptops. I read the guide some times, and that's why I was looking for a card with Broadcom BCM94352HMB embedded. But if you say so, I'll proceed without esitations. Thanks again for your precious guides and tips.

Hello RHM, thanks for your answer. I was asking just because on every description I found, the seller writes in bolded red that the card won't work with HP and IBM laptops.

Seller 'CYA'.

I read the guide some times, and that's why I was looking for a card with Broadcom BCM94352HMB embedded. But if you say so, I'll proceed without esitations. Thanks again for your precious guides and tips.

Check your existing card to determine half-mini PCIe vs. NGFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back