Contribute
Register

Success - HP Elitebook 840 G1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have exactly same Laptop and sucessfully installed High Sierra with EFI provided by eddygraphic. I have switched to an Atheros AR9485 WB Wificard which is working with a patch. Installation worked smooth without any changes and everything is working afterwards.

Tried Mojave as well with same EFI but failed. 1. Internal Keyboard is never working (not even during install) - only an USB attached keyboard is working. After finishing the installation the system crashes during first boot. Not sure what to do - it's just strange....

My system time can't be set.....
There is sound but the microphone is not working
Can you help?

Just found out that the entire OS only freezes if I see a video preview of an app in the App Store, pretty weird... if I open the information page of any app that does not video have previews it works just fine.View attachment 347412View attachment 347411 View attachment 347410
though I have a different setup but my computer had a similar issue, check ur console app logs they usually have something to say. Mine was because flash(idk why it used flash) could not find proper GPU pipe and was fixed by redirecting flash to the proper gpu

I tried the installation with latest Clover version from RehabMan and OS Mojave 10.14.4 but failed. It turned out that RehabMan's verion 4701 of Clover is too old. Changed clover to the latest version and it worked.

Have exactly same Laptop and sucessfully installed High Sierra with EFI provided by eddygraphic. I have switched to an Atheros AR9485 WB Wificard which is working with a patch. Installation worked smooth without any changes and everything is working afterwards.

Tried Mojave as well with same EFI but failed. 1. Internal Keyboard is never working (not even during install) - only an USB attached keyboard is working. After finishing the installation the system crashes during first boot. Not sure what to do - it's just strange....
I had the exact same problem with my elite book 840 g1 how did you sendup solving it?

I had the exact same problem with my elite book 840 g1 how did you sendup solving it?
see my post from Jun 16: You have to use the latest clover version. The latest version from Rehabman is too old. Then it should work.

Can anyone help me with this.. running the installer and whenever I get to “about 2 minutes remaining” the installer crashes and reboots the system to this screen..

Attachments

• CBA822FB-AB3E-4C3F-B8A9-A32CE985967E.jpeg
    CBA822FB-AB3E-4C3F-B8A9-A32CE985967E.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 115
Running smoothly on my HP Elitebook 840 G1 (See hardware on my profile), everything working Sound, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc....
the only problem I am facing is that every time I open the App Store the entire OS freezes until I manually reboot the laptop.

UPDATE: Freezing problem fixed with Public Beta 8 :headbang:
View attachment 345711
Does brightness work?

Hey someone have an EFI for the final of Catalina ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back