i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Classic Mac
  1. Centris
  2. Classic
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
After many failures the Hackintosh (10.13.3) on my Intel-PC i7 (3.5 GHz) is now running with my old hardware (dual monitors, audio ALC989, network, USB 3.0). Many days I thought I would not have any chance to run it. Maybe my problem was my old GA-BIOS (F8), when I made an update (F16) the bootstick proceed the hole setup procedure to its end. I'm happy now ... (config.plist come from my SSD Bootdrive, perhaps it may help someone). :)

Attachments

• ako.png
    ako.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,280
  • EFI FOLDER__SSD.png
    EFI FOLDER__SSD.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,379
  • config.plist
    22.6 KB · Views: 508
Hi,

Is you new BIOS update 16j? On official GA site the write in Descrition thaht is 1. Beta BIOS 2.Adjust MATS table to improve OS compatibility, wich we need on install.

After many failures the Hackintosh (10.13.3) on my Intel-PC i7 (3.5 GHz) is now running with my old hardware (dual monitors, audio ALC989, network, USB 3.0). Many days I thought I would not have any chance to run it. Maybe my problem was my old GA-BIOS (F8), when I made an update (F16) the bootstick proceed the hole setup procedure to its end. I'm happy now ... (config.plist come from my SSD Bootdrive, perhaps it may help someone). :)
Ah. And yes. Do you have some issues with GPU? Any glitches?

Just to say thanks! I've used your config, dropped MATS and used latest BIOS 16j.

Directly updated without problems A minor issue is that I needed to use Toleda's script to recover sound and I'm losing it after sleep (like I did on Sierra).

EDIT: I've a fusion drive setup and I ran the installer without conversion to APFS. Anyone know if it's now safe to convert from fusion HPFS+ to APFS??

Just to say thanks! I've used your config, dropped MATS and used latest BIOS 16j.

Directly updated without problems A minor issue is that I needed to use Toleda's script to recover sound and I'm losing it after sleep (like I did on Sierra).

EDIT: I've a fusion drive setup and I ran the installer without conversion to APFS. Anyone know if it's now safe to convert from fusion HPFS+ to APFS??

No idea. APFS adoption is still too early. We'll have to see until a larger number of users adopt it before we see what benefits it has. While some apps can now run APFS like Superduper 3.1.4, some like DiskWarrior still cannot so it can cause issues. Also note that APFS could mess up your Time Machine backups if you're not too careful > https://www.macworld.com/article/32...hine-drive-using-apfs-and-thats-not-good.html

TNX, man! I was stuck and couldn't reach the installer. Worked flawlessly after the 16j BIOS update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back