Contribute
Register

Success High Sierra 10.13.2 on HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G3 i7 6500U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    80.5 KB · Views: 158
@RehabMan , I updated to 10.13.3, and lost the audio. I'm pretty sure, that if I go through the whole hotpatch process, I will be able to bring it back, but I was wondering if there is a way to install only the audio? Thanks in advance.

@RehabMan , I updated to 10.13.3, and lost the audio. I'm pretty sure, that if I go through the whole hotpatch process, I will be able to bring it back, but I was wondering if there is a way to install only the audio? Thanks in advance.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hello better & @RehabMan, is it possible to get the files for the workingsetup of this computer. i cant get my EB1040 G3 100% working with highsierra.

Well finally, I've got the trackpad working with the attached kext. I have now a fully functional HP MacBook Pro :)

Thank you once again, @RehabMan :)

I'm doing an install on one myself, how did you get the sound working? (i.e what sound kext did you find that worked ?

Read post #15.
And please fix your profile as per FAQ. It indicates you don't own an EliteBook at all...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Success,
HP EliteBook 1040 G3 14"

Read post #15.
And please fix your profile as per FAQ. It indicates you don't own an EliteBook at all...

Hi, Albeit a day later than intended, sat down and finished it his afternoon, follow the guide and it works, one quick question, with the newer versions of clover, does it still remain the case not to use it?

Things working

Display fine (full HD + two scaled)
HDMI output
sound (although defaults to Headphone port & analog)
Keyboard (a bit glitchy)
Touch pad (limited & a bit glitchy)
usb & usb c
ethernet port
iMessage worked straight out the box
used afs file system with trim & seems to running fine.

Things not working

Wifi & Bluetooth (solution card order)
Sleep function (needs a reboot or shut down) is there a fix ?
Battery indicator none functional (perhaps a bit much)

Otherwise usable

Thanks Rehabman

Success,
HP EliteBook 1040 G3 14"

Hi, Albeit a day later than intended, sat down and finished it his afternoon, follow the guide and it works, one quick question, with the newer versions of clover, does it still remain the case not to use it?

Things working

Display fine (full HD + two scaled)
HDMI output
sound (although defaults to Headphone port & analog)
Keyboard (a bit glitchy)
Touch pad (limited & a bit glitchy)
usb & usb c
ethernet port
iMessage worked straight out the box
used afs file system with trim & seems to running fine.

Things not working

Wifi & Bluetooth (solution card order)
Sleep function (needs a reboot or shut down) is there a fix ?
Battery indicator none functional (perhaps a bit much)

Otherwise usable

Thanks Rehabman

Sounds like you didn't follow the guide.
Profile not filled out as per guide.
No problem reporting files as per guide.

So, no idea what you did wrong.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

@RehabMan , I updated to 10.13.6, and lost the audio. I'm pretty sure, that if I go through the whole hotpatch process, I will be able to bring it back, but I was wondering if there is a way to install only the audio? Thanks in advance. Attached, you'll find the "Problem Reporting" files.

Attachments

• debug_7426.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back