Contribute
Register

Success High Sierra 10.13.2 on HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G3 i7 6500U

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan , I updated to 10.13.6, and lost the audio. I'm pretty sure, that if I go through the whole hotpatch process, I will be able to bring it back, but I was wondering if there is a way to install only the audio? Thanks in advance. Attached, you'll find the "Problem Reporting" files.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (EFI/Clover missing).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

But this much is obvious... you forgot to run install_downloads.sh:
Code:
LS FOR APPLEHDA :-
ls: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*: No such file or directory
END LS FOR APPLEHDA.

@RehabMan , suddenly there is no sound from the internal speakers. Attaching external speakers work fine, but when I remove the jack of the external speakers, there is only silence, although it continues playing. Attached, you'll find the "Problem Reporting" files and a screenshot of the audio settings. Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_30751.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 13.41.42.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 13.41.42.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 108
@RehabMan , suddenly there is no sound from the internal speakers. Attaching external speakers work fine, but when I remove the jack of the external speakers, there is only silence, although it continues playing. Attached, you'll find the "Problem Reporting" files and a screenshot of the audio settings. Any help will be appreciated.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (EFI/Clover is missing).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

@RehabMan, this is exactly what I did - use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, but somehow it didn't include the EFI/Clover. I'm attaching it separately here. The other "Problem Reporting" files are in my previous post. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Efi-clover.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 150

Did you stop playing audio before unplugging from the aux audio out?
That might help.
Otherwise, you might look into ALCPlugFix.

Did you stop playing audio before unplugging from the aux audio out?
That might help.
Otherwise, you might look into ALCPlugFix.

Just for information: I don't now why or how, but after a very long run of trying I figured, that removing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI helps. :)

@RehabMan, I've updated to Mojave. Reapplied the hot patch. Everything works, except the sound doesn't see the external speakers. When I put the 3,5 jack in, the sound still stays on the internal speakers. Any ideas?

Attachments

• debug_321.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 98
@RehabMan, I've updated to Mojave. Reapplied the hot patch. Everything works, except the sound doesn't see the external speakers. When I put the 3,5 jack in, the sound still stays on the internal speakers. Any ideas?

No ioreg in the debug files.
Please read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" carefully.
Make sure you check all required files are present before uploading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back