Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z590 VISION D + 11700K + RX 6600 XT

Has somebody already installed 13.5? Are there any problems with latest EFI?
Yes I have on my Z590I Vision D and it works totally fine. You need to upgrade it to OC 0.9.4 however.
For the Intel wifi you will need to use the latest itlwm.kext and Heliport app instead.

Hi tsanko,

my system with your EFI is still running flawless with Venture 13.6 and OC 0.9.5
On another volume I have a clone updated to Sonoma using the same EFI. Seems to work well, but the power consumption is almost tripled. It seems, power management with this EFI is out of function in Sonoma.

Would be great if you share your latest EFI after migration to Sonoma. No hurry.
Thanks in advance.

All - I have been having trouble with my Bluetooth and found this thread. I believe it applies to our system.

The following serves to enable bluetooth in macOS Ventura 13.4+ for Broadcom & Intel Bluetooth

1. Navigate to the NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 section in your config.plist file and add the two child items:
Key Type Value
bluetoothInternalControllerInfo Data 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000
bluetoothExternalDongleFailed Data 00

2. Update BlueToolFixup from BrcmPatchRAM 2.6.7

3. Reboot and Reset NVRAM then boot again normally

Note: I had to remove the spaces on the line with all the zeros for it to save

macOS 13.4 Update | Page 5 | tonymacx86.com

Last edited:
I now have a working Sonoma system. I updated my GPU this year which is now a 5700 xt.
Updated open core to 0.9.5, updated all my text and installed Sonoma.

Not Working;
Sleep - My Monitors do sleep, also I can hear my HDD do a quiet click and going to sleep.
Wifi - itlwm.kext, Helio.app nor Wifi - AirportItlwm.kext

Apparently Sleep does work, I also tested it again and it went to sleep, I guess you just have to wait a minutes or so after pressing sleep. Not sure how long, after a while I noticed the PC was sound asleep.

Last edited:
I now have a working Sonoma system. I updated my GPU this year which is now a 5700 xt.
Updated open core to 0.9.5, updated all my text and installed Sonoma.

Not Working;
Sleep - My Monitors do sleep, also I can hear my HDD do a quiet click and going to sleep.
Wifi - itlwm.kext, Helio.app nor Wifi - AirportItlwm.kext
1.jpg

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

All - I have been having trouble with my Bluetooth and found this thread. I believe it applies to our system.

The following serves to enable bluetooth in macOS Ventura 13.4+ for Broadcom & Intel Bluetooth

1. Navigate to the NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 section in your config.plist file and add the two child items:
Key Type Value
bluetoothInternalControllerInfo Data 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000
bluetoothExternalDongleFailed Data 00

2. Update BlueToolFixup from BrcmPatchRAM 2.6.7

3. Reboot and Reset NVRAM then boot again normally

Note: I had to remove the spaces on the line with all the zeros for it to save

macOS 13.4 Update | Page 5 | tonymacx86.com
Not sure if anyone else is seeing this but my Bluetooth works fine after startup but after sleep, it doesn't. If I want to use it, I have to restart. Does anyone else have this problem?

Note: running Sonoma but I have been having Bluetooth problems since before.

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this but my Bluetooth works fine after startup but after sleep, it doesn't. If I want to use it, I have to restart. Does anyone else have this problem?

Note: running Sonoma but I have been having Bluetooth problems since before.
Can you share your EFI?

Can you share your EFI?
Attached. I removed my SSNs. Feel free to add your own.

It works great except for Bluetooth not working after sleep and I can't wake using USB. (I tried the kexts but they didn't work for me, and are disabled. Not a big deal.)

Attachments

• efi-Sonoma.zip
    26 MB · Views: 63
Back