Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

i7-8700k OC to 5.0 GHz
[...]
View attachment 372127

I would be interested in your overclocking settings. I score higher in single core but lower in multicore, which seems odd. Would be cool to check my settings against yours. Cheers!

My settings and Geekbench result:

Advanced Frequency Settings --> CPU Clock Ratio: 50
Advanced Frequency Settings --> Advanced CPU Core Settings --> AVX Offset: 0
Advanced Frequency Settings --> Advanced CPU Core Settings --> Uncore Ratio: 44
Advanced Frequency Settings --> Advanced CPU Core Settings --> Intel Turbo Boost Technology: Disabled
Advanced Frequency Settings --> Advanced CPU Core Settings --> Intel® Speed Shift Technology: Disabled
Advanced Frequency Settings --> Advanced CPU Core Settings --> CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E): Disabled
Advanced Frequency Settings --> Advanced CPU Core Settings --> C3 State Support: Disabled
Advanced Frequency Settings --> Advanced CPU Core Settings --> C6/C7 State Support: Disabled
Advanced Frequency Settings --> Advanced CPU Core Settings --> C8 State Support: Disabled
Advanced Frequency Settings --> Advanced CPU Core Settings --> C10 State Support: Disabled
Advanced Frequency Settings --> Advanced CPU Core Settings --> Ring to Core: Disabled
Advanced Frequency Settings --> Advanced CPU Core Settings --> RTH: Disabled
Advanced Frequency Settings --> Advanced CPU Core Settings --> EET: Disabled
Advanced Frequency Settings --> Advanced CPU Core Settings --> Voltage Optimization: Disabled
Advanced Voltage Settings --> Advanced Power Settings --> CPU Vcore Loadline Calibration: Turbo
Advanced Voltage Settings --> CPU Core Voltage Control --> CPU Vcore: 1.30
Advanced Voltage Settings --> DRAM Voltage Control --> DRAM Voltage (CH A/B): 1.35

Screenshot 2018-12-10 at 10.11.43.png

I’m just using the CPU Upgrade and Enhanced Multi-Core settings. BIOS is F11.

CPU Upgrade in BIOS F6 cranked Vcore to over 1.4, which is too high. Is it more reasonable on F11?

Thanks for this guide @HackaShaq. This is my first hack in several years and it was relatively painless. The last remaining pain points are USB (using kext patch now, so it's working, including Type C, but need to do SSDT) and TB (not working). I'm trying to wade through @RehabMan's SSDT guide, but I'm over my head on it for the moment. Will keep at it.

Hardware:
Fractal Design Define R6 case (all front panel USB 2/3/C working; haven't tried front panel audio)
be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750W power supply
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
i7-8700k OC to 5.0 GHz
Ballistix 32 GB Tactical DDR4 3000 MHz (2x16)
Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD
IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 Dual-Mode USB Mini Adapter
Corsair Hydro H100i v2 (mounted to front panel)
TP-LINK Archer T9E 1900 Wireless Dual Band PCIe
Gigabyte Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCIe

Had done my research prior to 10.14.1, so that USB issue really took me by surprise. Wasted over a day messing with it before I realized it just wasn't going to work using the info I had saved.

Benchmarks:
View attachment 372127 View attachment 372128 View attachment 372129 View attachment 372130 View attachment 372131

Now to clone and update to 10.14.2.

It probably got lost in all the discussion here, but a while ago @jb007 also posted the SSDT-UIAC.aml here and I added a visual overview of the USB Ports here. Rehabman's Guide is not very difficult if you follow it step by step. I know a lot of you are doing the new FB-Patcher Method but Rehabman's Method works perfectly and we have already done all the work here. You just need to compile the ssd.aml to your system using my Graphic as reference on which USB Ports you need for your system.

HackaShaq's "2018 Mac Pro Replacement" Build:
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - i7-8700K - RX 580

Hello,

Since I cant afford Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, can I use Z370 HD3 instead and follow the same steps mentioned above?

Update on my system failure: After resetting the BIOS to factory settings (adjusting to boot Mac OS), my build still reboots "due to problem." Periodically, Adobe applications crash on me, and I'm having to constantly save and create backups in order to get work done. (I already lost work presumably because of this issue.) I attempted to use my backup drive thinking maybe the issue was in my SSD, but the problem persisted.

Any other ideas on how to possibly fix the issue is very much appreciated. Almost at my wits end here with the rebooting/crashing. Makes me super sad :(:banghead: Thanks to all who have offered some insight, and thanks in advance to anyone who has an idea on how to help. I appreciate you all!

Is it more reasonable on F11?
I'll check tonight and let you know what all those individual settings are. I haven't paid any attention since that one and done setting seems to be stable for me so far.

@jb007 also posted the SSDT-UIAC.aml here and I added a visual overview of the USB Ports here.
Thanks for that reminder. Looks like it will help.

I'll check tonight and let you know what all those individual settings are. I haven't paid any attention since that one and done setting seems to be stable for me so far.
If you are using the CPU Upgrade feature all those settings just remain set to AUTO. The CPU Upgrade is also stable for me, but it achieves this stability by using very high Vcore voltages that exceed what is generall considered to be safe.

Thanks for the update!

My case (Fractal Define R6) has the option to upgrade the front panel to a version with USB 3.1 GEN 2 (Type C), so I could use the internal port for this upgrade in the future. However at the moment I don't have any peripherals that would need this connection.

I have this case. The power switch is covered in a glob of epoxy, so I can't "fix" the sleep button. Every USB (is it a hub) registers thus:

USB ports on Fractal Define R6 Case and Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming 7 (Rev 1.0) during USB 2 port discovery:

HS10 @14a00000 0X0A 1. Front left USB 2
HS09 @14900000 0X09 2. Front Second in from left USB 2 -oddball reading
HS01 @14120000 0X01 3. Front Second in from right USB 3
HS01 @14110000 ???? 4. Front right USB 3 -oddball reading

Works fine for OS install, but they all read as USB 2. IDK. I even moved the internal USB connector cable for this "hub" on the mobo to the other USN mobo connector. Same performance. Sticking with my bid external hub for now. Maybe Mac OS doesn't like this Fractal front-of-case hub. Hope this helps anyone who has struggled with this case.

It probably got lost in all the discussion here, but a while ago @jb007 also posted the SSDT-UIAC.aml here and I added a visual overview of the USB Ports here. Rehabman's Guide is not very difficult if you follow it step by step. I know a lot of you are doing the new FB-Patcher Method but Rehabman's Method works perfectly and we have already done all the work here. You just need to compile the ssd.aml to your system using my Graphic as reference on which USB Ports you need for your system.

I nearly forgot about that post, thanks @SebErr.

Just a reminder, if you are following my post on the SSDT-UIAC that @SebErr has linked too, don't use my config.plist, as things have changed in Mojave and I have 'honed' it further since then, welcome to 'Hackintoshing'.

@SebErr I'm not sure if I answered your question in your post here... "regarding HS01/SS01. I labelled this one as "Internal" (255), but I saw you labelled it as "USB 3" (3). What's right and why?"
I only mark ports as internal, if they have a USB device permanently attached to it, so I've marked these as USB 3 (3) as they are used on my computer case as the two USB ports on the top.

I use all the HS07-10 ports with my 3 Corsair products i.e power supply, AIO, Lighting Node Pro & the USB to my BT/WiFi card, so they are marked as Internal (255). If a user of this exact board is not using these ports for internal devices, they should mark them as USB 3 (3).

If you wanted to take the easy way out as I have done all of the 'discovery' of the ports for you, all you have to do is do download my SSDT-UIAC.dsl change the internal (255) to USB 3 (3) as required, compile it and bingo you have created a USB patch.

Jim

Back