Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Great point, i just tested my system. The machine can go to sleep, restart and shutdown and all but seems like when a usb is plugged in and the machine goes to sleep, it's ejected 'forcifully'.

I would assume a custom SSDT would work fix this issue.

I would really love to see a guide for this!

No, the ejection forcibly message is a known problem and it can be fixed by a script or a third part app. See here:[Guide] Fix issue of "Disk not ejected properly"

I'm not sure as to how up to date this is, but I have used the Jettison app successfully.

Re the guide, see my previous response to @jiffyslot...

I want to get my TB3 Alpine Ridge going again and will investigate the latest goings on regarding TB3 & macOS etc. I want to purchase a TB3 to 10GBe adapter to replace the the 10GBe PCIe one I currently use to talk to my NAS server... money is holding this back ATM. I also understand that the Titan Rydge TB3 adaptor is working better in hacks...

I understand why a guide would be beneficial to the less 'tech' individuals. Maybe I can do a guide in a separate post and link to it, but I prefer to have it linked to in this thread as I'd like to keep it specific to this Mobo. It is also duplicating @headkaze instructions, but I guess mine will be expanded by 'follow the bouncing ball' type of documentation with screen grabs and non-tech explanations and using the FB-Patcher method.

I'm very concerned that this is @HackaShaq guide, and I don't want to take it over or ruffle feathers. Maybe a moderator can give me some guidance on this, @Stork what do you think?
A separate guide thread is appropriate since @HackaShaq is not using a Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt PCIe card/peripherals, and other people using this motherboard would benefit from a standalone thread. Linking here is OK. I recommend you compose the thread in General Hardware.

...but I guess mine will be expanded by 'follow the bouncing ball' type of documentation with screen grabs and non-tech explanations and using the FB-Patcher method.
I hope this happens. I have this motherboard for a build I'm about to build. Things have become slightly more confusing between 10.14.1 and 10.14.2. As this will be my first hackintosh experience I sure would appreciate at least some steps that are "follow the bouncing ball" type instructions. That sounds so good.

Hi @jiffyslot.
I understand why a guide would be beneficial to the less 'tech' individuals. Maybe I can do a guide in a separate post and link to it, but I prefer to have it linked to in this thread as I'd like to keep it specific to this Mobo. It is also duplicating @headkaze instructions, but I guess mine will be expanded by 'follow the bouncing ball' type of documentation with screen grabs and non-tech explanations and using the FB-Patcher method.

This would be much appreciated! The USB configuration of my build is not fully functional since the patches in this guide indeed do not work with 10.14.1 (USB 2.0 and 3.1 Gen 2 are working, 3.0 not). I read the posts you linked, they are a little bit daunting. If you do a guide, I'll definitely hold out. Otherwise I guess I am going to dig into the FB-Patcher method.

A separate guide thread is appropriate since @HackaShaq is not using a Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt PCIe card/peripherals, and other people using this motherboard would benefit from a standalone thread. Linking here is OK. I recommend you compose the thread in General Hardware.
Hi @Stork. Yes if I do the a ThunderBolt guide I'll do a seperate thread.
What some of the users on this thread and for this specific Mobo, are asking is can I do a post on this build guide to help them create a USBPorts.kext using the FB-Patcher app method.
What I don't want to do is have the mini guide swallowed up by later posts and for it to ideally be sanctioned by @HackaShaq and linked from his first post so newbies have a guide on USB port discovery and patching that supports Mohave 10.14.1+, especially since the 26 port clover config.plist patch no longer works.
Whether to do this mini guide in a seperate thread with a link from the 1st post, or to have it in this thread with a link to the 1st post doesn't really matter, but my preference is to have it in this thread.

I'm not sure whether @HackaShaq is OK with this, and obviously I don't wan't to ruffle anyones feathers and for it to be a wasted effort. I'm not sure how to PM him, can you explain how I can PM him on this forum?

Jim

I've "@" him in some recent posts. He may just be busy or his interest may have waned with the great success of his build. @Stork @jb007 - if you would please "@" me when one of you creates a new thread, etc. I'd greatly appreciate it. Most of my expertise is just getting the Apollo and a Pro Tools setup going, so I may be able to help with a few things Thunderbolt with this mobo. Thanks again.

Question: I am currently using BIOS version F6. Any reason why I should go for F11? I am not yet depending on this build for work, so I can try and test things. But if there is nothing to gain I don't see the point. Cheers!

F11 works for me, addition of new microcode.

Thanks for this guide @HackaShaq. This is my first hack in several years and it was relatively painless. The last remaining pain points are USB (using kext patch now, so it's working, including Type C, but need to do SSDT) and TB (not working). I'm trying to wade through @RehabMan's SSDT guide, but I'm over my head on it for the moment. Will keep at it.

Hardware:
Fractal Design Define R6 case (all front panel USB 2/3/C working; haven't tried front panel audio)
be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750W power supply
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
i7-8700k OC to 5.0 GHz
Ballistix 32 GB Tactical DDR4 3000 MHz (2x16)
Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD
IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 Dual-Mode USB Mini Adapter
Corsair Hydro H100i v2 (mounted to front panel)
TP-LINK Archer T9E 1900 Wireless Dual Band PCIe
Gigabyte Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCIe

Had done my research prior to 10.14.1, so that USB issue really took me by surprise. Wasted over a day messing with it before I realized it just wasn't going to work using the info I had saved.

Benchmarks:
Geekbench CPU.png Geekbench Metal.png Geekbench OpenCL.png Blackmagic Internal SSD.png USB Type C SSD.png

Now to clone and update to 10.14.2.

I'm using the method used by the FB Patcher app.
These are the changes it makes to your config.plist:
View attachment 371004
View attachment 371003
You have to have to AppleALC.kext in /Library/Extensions. Here are the files in my /L/E:
Code:
jb@Gigantor:/Library/Extensions$ ls -al
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  29 root  wheel   928  8 Dec 09:46 .
drwxr-xr-x+ 66 root  wheel  2112 12 Nov 13:18 ..
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96 24 Apr  2018 ACS6x.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96  9 May  2018 ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96  7 May  2018 ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96  7 May  2018 ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96 20 Jul 02:54 AppleALC.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96  6 Sep  2017 ArcMSR.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96 23 Oct  2017 AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96  1 Sep  2013 CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96  6 Oct 03:34 EnergyDriver.kext
drwxr-xr-x@  3 root  wheel    96  4 Apr  2018 FakeSMC.kext
drwxr-xr-x@  3 root  wheel    96  4 Apr  2018 FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
drwxr-xr-x@  3 root  wheel    96  4 Apr  2018 FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
drwxr-xr-x@  3 root  wheel    96  4 Apr  2018 FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
drwxr-xr-x@  3 root  wheel    96  4 Apr  2018 FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
drwxr-xr-x@  3 root  wheel    96 16 Oct 13:10 FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96 16 Oct 19:41 FileProtect.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96  4 May  2018 HighPointIOP.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96  5 Dec  2017 HighPointRR.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96 19 Apr  2018 IntelMausiEthernet.kext
drwxr-xr-x@  3 root  wheel    96 11 Sep 10:22 Lilu.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96 31 Mar  2017 PromiseSTEX.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96  6 Dec 20:19 SelfProtect.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96 25 Apr  2018 SoftRAID.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96 16 Oct 19:41 TMProtection.kext
drwxr-xr-x@  3 root  wheel    96 12 Oct 11:17 WhateverGreen.kext
drwxr-xr-x@  3 root  wheel    96 24 Nov 19:04 fileprotector.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel    96 30 Oct 17:58 org.pqrs.driver.Karabiner.VirtualHIDDevice.v060800.kext

That is it. Have no problems and I believe it is update proof (famous last words!).

Jim
Nice, I manually added this and now my headphone ports/HDMI/DP sound output works. Thanks man.

Back