Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i7 3770K, 32GB, 480GB SSD, 2TB HDD, GTX 670

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used multiple monitors on my Thunderball system using the default MacPro3,1 for HD4000. However, you're better off with MacMini6,1 or 6,2 as the iMac13,1/2 SysDef have power management and/or Speedstep issues. BTW, iMac12 SysdDef series is for Sandy Bridge systems.

I've used multiple monitors on my Thunderball system using the default MacPro3,1 for HD4000. However, you're better off with MacMini6,1 or 6,2 as the iMac13,1/2 SysDef have power management and/or Speedstep issues. BTW, iMac12 SysdDef series is for Sandy Bridge systems.

speedstep issues even with 10.8.3?

I answered your question here.

thank you for the answer.
what about your config? have you multiple monitors?
i enabled the hd4000 to have the audio through the hd4000 hdmi and the video trough the 670's dvi.
to do this i put igfx to enabled and i put "peg" to init display first
then i set igfx ram to 32 and i add string injunction to org.chameleon.boot.plist
this setting worked on 10.8.2. they didn't with 10.8.3 and i don't undestand why. something changed between the os releases.

please help me

i have some news

first i add string injunction to org.chameleon.boot.plist
i put this setting on bios:
-init display first: igfx (this is the key)
-internal graphic: enabled (or even auto is ok)
-igfx ram: 32mb

system definitions: imac 13,1 (or even imac 12,2)

doing this i can have both graphic cards working (with airplay mirroring working) but the issue is that i lost boot screen (i see nothing until mac osx is loaded)
this because i have only one screen connected through gtx 670 hdmi

my question is: how can i have back my boot screen keeping both graphics cards enabled(so i can have airplay mirroring)?
i can see boot screen only if i disable the internal graphic.
if i put igfx to enabled and init display first to peg, i have boot error ("...AppleIntelController.cpp:12351 Assertion"? unknown cpu model etc).
this didn't happen with 10.8.2

I have 2 monitors (cinema displays), monitor 1 plugged into my GTX 670 using a minidisplayport to displayport adapter, and monitor 2 plugged into one of the motherboard's thunderbolt/minidisplayports (HD4000, but driven by the GTX670 once booted if monitor 1 is the primary display).

I have init display first as IGFX, internal graphics AUTO, and internal graphics memory size 32MB. I see the Chimera boot screen on monitor 2 (HD4000). When IGFX is initialised first, the boot screen can only be displayed on the monitor plugged into the internal graphics. Do you actually have a monitor plugged into the HD4000, or are you just using it for HDMI audio?

As a side note, although I see the Chimera boot screen on monitor 2, I do not see the BIOS splash screen (and therefore cannot enter/see the BIOS) UNLESS I have something plugged into the motherboard's VGA port. I think this is an issue specific to my cinema displays (24" aluminium). See my build post for details.

Edit: I just did some testing and found that when I try to initialize PEG first and enable internal graphics, I get the same error as you. Then something very odd happened - I couldn't get the BIOS to go back to initializing IGFX first, it just wouldn't hold the setting. I was using the F12e beta bios. So, I flashed back to F11 and reapplied the correct bios settings and now everything is back to normal. What BIOS version are you using xelanaiznac?

i'm using f11 official bios (i don't like betas)
since yesterday i used hdmi connected to hd4000 for the audio and dvi connected to gtx670 for the video (i have only one monitor)

now i'm using hdmi from gtx 670 (and it works, both audio and video). nothing is connected to my hd4000.

finally solved.
the key was macmini 6,2 system definition! (put it with chameleon wizard)

bios settings:
init display first: peg
internal gpu: enabled (so i have airplay mirroring)
internal gpu memory: 32 mb (and efi string pu in org.chameleon.boot.plist)

thank you stork

edit:
now the only issue to solve is the dictation!

some benchmarks:

macmini 6,2 (airplay working)

cinebench:
opengl 35,66
cpu 6,25

geekbench 13366

Mac Pro 3,1 (airplay not working obviously)

cinebench:
opengl 44.66
cpu 7.68

geekbench: 14632

some benchmarks:

macmini 6,2 (airplay working)

cinebench:
opengl 35,66
cpu 6,25

geekbench 13366

Mac Pro 3,1 (airplay not working obviously)

cinebench:
opengl 44.66
cpu 7.68

geekbench: 14632

I never realized that the system definitions play a big part till I built this Ivy bridge hackintosh and played with getting airplay to work, I always thought it was just cosmetic from my other builds with Mac Pro 3,1... funny how you think you have a handle on this stuff and it changes on you :)

Here is a tonymacx86 Wiki link and two threads that will help explain why you don't want to use iMac12 or iMac13 SysDefs. You are better off using MacMini6,1/2 (for Ivy Bridge).

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Smbios.plist

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tive-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desk...peedstep-sandy-bridge-cpus-using-msrdump.html

After reading those threads, you know why MultiBeast default SysDef is MacPro3,1 - it's the quickest way to get your system up & running. However, as Apple enhances it's hardware, the default will be updated to take advantage of the enhancements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back