Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 + 980Ti 6GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
Please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
If I look at the Nvidia menu it always shows the OS X drivers as being selected instead of the Nvidia ones.
Setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.
See Problem 6 of Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems
Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts

Hi there

I have the same motherboard and nearly the same other hardware and I followed your installation but I cannot make my audio work. I have used Sierra 12.12.5. Furthermore I connected my monitor LG 27UD 58 with the DisplayPort cable I hope this is not the problem.

Update I have my audio work, my only problem is to get my Thunderbolt working. I have tried the procedure with windows and in Windows I see my thunderbolt drives. Now it is working and I use it with Apple cable from Thunderbolt3 to Thunderbolt 2 and I use a 5 bay array from Oyen Digital.
I will add some screenshots from my bios settings.

Thanks for all the help and hope I also can contribute to this good work.

Do you need more information from me to help let me know.

Hi! I'm on 10.12.6...having difficulty getting my audio to work. What did you that got it working? I have gone through the steps that @JMacIV has been saying to do in this thread, and in the other thread that has his build laid out. I installed the Realtec 100 series audio driver in multibeast, added the applehda and commandercodec kexts to my s/l/e, and I adjusted the config.plist devices- inject 0 line. As far as I know I did those things correctly, too.

Been working on hard on figuring out this audio issue. Really wanting to get it solved because this mobo's sound card seems like a real work horse. It has a lot of options when I'm using it on the Windows partition.

Any advice appreciated. And kudos to everyone posting.

Hi! I'm on 10.12.6...having difficulty getting my audio to work. What did you that got it working? I have gone through the steps that @JMacIV has been saying to do in this thread, and in the other thread that has his build laid out. I installed the Realtec 100 series audio driver in multibeast, added the applehda and commandercodec kexts to my s/l/e, and I adjusted the config.plist devices- inject 0 line. As far as I know I did those things correctly, too.

Been working on hard on figuring out this audio issue. Really wanting to get it solved because this mobo's sound card seems like a real work horse. It has a lot of options when I'm using it on the Windows partition.

Any advice appreciated. And kudos to everyone posting.
I know that the realtec drivers not work because it is a creative chip. I'll post my kextfiles and my config.plist settings in cloverconfigurator. Further on you had to follow the instructions of wern apfel and search for crea0132 you have copy the right file s which he had posted wit kextbeast to /s/l/e or /l/e folders.

Attachments

• 10.12.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 209
  • PF.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 435
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back