Monitor: Samsung U28E590D 28" Ultra HD LED

BIOS SETTINGS:
a.) Optimized Defaults
b.) Super IO: Disabled
c.) XHCI Handoff: Enabled
d.) IOAPIC Entries: Disabled
e.) Wake on LAN: Disabled
f.) Storage Boot Option Control: UEFI Only

1.) You will need a 16GB Bootable USB loaded with Sierra - CLICK HERE FOR THE GUIDE

2.) Once you get to STEP 5: Post Installation with MultiBeast..... You will need to Choose your Drivers
a.) If this is a fresh installation, click Quick Start. UEFI Boot Mode is the best option.
b.) Drivers: Network: Atheros E2200Ethernet v2.2.0 & USB: Increase Max Port Limit & USB: 3rd Party USB 3.0
c.) Then go to BUILD and click INSTALL.

3.) Now we get the NVIDIA Graphics Driver. Follow the guide on how to enable NvidiaWeb - CLICK HERE FOR SIERRA DRIVER

4.) To mount your EFI partition, download "EFI Mounter v3". once you have the software, run it and put in necessary info until you see the folder EFI. Here is the Order: EFI -> CLOVER -> config.plist . You are more than welcome to replace your config.plist with mine I have provided. I would also recommend to use "clover configurator" to edit your config.plist. You can also use "TextEdit" which is already on your Mac. Here is the order. RightClick config.plist -> Open With -> Other... -> Scroll Down Until You See TextEdit.

NOT WORKING
1.) The audio does not work on my board. Have not received the correct kexts for audio. FIXED!!!!! Solution is posted by JMAC below.
2.) Sleep Mode is still messing up. FIXED!!!! went into my config.plist and changed my darkwake. #'s 0-4 did not work for me. # 8 worked flawlessly. darkwake=8 . I now have a full functioning sleep & auto sleep.

HOPE THIS HELPED AND I WILL BE UPDATING PERIODICALLY. CHEERS

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 6.44.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 6.44.48 PM.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 1,492
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 6.45.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 6.45.18 PM.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 1,527
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 6.45.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 6.45.45 PM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,453
  • 20161025_024800.jpg
    20161025_024800.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,362
  • 20161025_024715.jpg
    20161025_024715.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,406
  • 20161025_025310.jpg
    20161025_025310.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,141
  • config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:
Hey Kyle,

Not sure if you were ever able to get the onboard audio working or not. I got all my parts yesterday including this board (typing from this new Hack as we speak).

In order to get the Creative audio to work, check out this link. (I hope its okay to post this link...) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...per-m3-patch-for-applehda-or-voodoohda/page-1

This worked for my board (same as yours).

From MultiBeast, in the Audio section - Install the Realtek 100 Series Audio patch.

At the bottom of the first post, there are files for 10.12. One has a working C/Sub channel, the other has the front headphone jack working. Unfortunately, we cannot have both. So pick whichever option you want. You also have to download Codec Commander. Install both of these to /S/L/E.

Finally, edit you config.plist to inject audio = 0 under Devices -> Audio, like this.
Code:
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>0</string>
        </dict>

I will attach codec commander and the updated AppleHDA for C/Sub. C/Sub is the option I went with instead of Front Headphones.

Hope this helps.

JMac

Edit: Forgot to credit KenCar and his Z170X-Gaming 7 build on El Cap, that got me initially pointed in the direction of the El Cap fix for our board, and then followed that down the rabbit hole to find the Sierra fix ha. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-ga-z170x-gaming-7-6700k-gtx960-with-10-11-5.192418/

Edit 2: Added 100 Series Audio Patch as requirement and removed it from being a side note that it may be required.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 476
  • CodecCommander.kext.zip
    26.1 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
Thank you JMAC for taking the time to post the audio solution. I've been trying for days and this worked like a charm. I did have to install the 100 series Audio patch from MultiBeast along with the kext files you uploaded.

I get a little white noise when no audio is playing. but it isn't to aggravating. Could be my headphones. I will try different pair and see what I can do to solve it.

No problem man. I searched for hours trying to figure out how to get it done. I ended up installing the 10.11 kext by accident (which ended up in a KP, thankful that I had my Sierra stick close by to get into terminal and fix my error). Finally found the 10.12 drivers in another thread!

Definitely give the other headphones a try. I am using a Logitech 5.1 system I have had for years with it, but currently only using 2.1 of it since my Hack isn't fully done and setup. I have not noticed any white noise, but will be on the lookout. Actually having built-in Volume Control is awesome though!

Thanks for posting the comment about darkwake=8. I am going to have to give that a try tonight. I have not been able to get my Hack to sleep.

Side note, how are you ethernet speeds with that Atheros kext? Mine are atrocious compared to my wireless card (Apple AC). Need to dig into that more.

Hello JMAC

I tried my other Logitech headphones and it works perfect. NO white noise. My skull Candy headphones had decent amount of white noise.

dark wake 8 and 10 worked for me. I just decided to go with 8.

As for the internet speeds. I did speed tests with my wifi card vs my wired LAN using the Atheros kext. Both are comparable with one another. Ill have to check it out more.

Keep posting your results as my mackintosh could always improve! Thanks!

Glad to hear that other headphones worked out! Do the skull candy have white noise when plugging into other items?

I'm almost done with work, so will give both dark wake 8 and 10 a go.

Based off your install notes update and your config, I noticed that you didn't do anything further for USB than 3rd Party USB kext and the raise limit patch. Is that correct? I am dropping the SSDT for USB and adding in my own based off of Cnrd's instructions. Maybe that is part of my sleep issue too...

I also noticed in your config.plist that you are using the iMac 14,2 SMBIOS. How is that working with your Skylake i7? Were you able to get SpeedStepping working?

I am running iMac 17,1 since they use Skylake processors. That also could be part of my sleep issue...

Hey @KyleKeagy - Can you do me a favor?

Can you open Terminal, paste this command and hit enter?
Code:
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

This will basically ask your Hack if it is running the AppleLPC kext. Which, from my understanding, should be running for proper power management.

If it is not running, nothing will appear in the next line and it will just be waiting for a new prompt. If it is running, it will spit out a string of text like "
91 0 0xffffff7f81067000 0xe000 0xe000 org.hwsensors.driver.LPCSensors (1723) 02EE8944-1F7C-3A1C-B481-48FDEE21F8FB <16 12 11 7 5 4 3>"

But it would say AppleLPC instead of what it spat out there.

Thanks,
JMac

System Specifications:

OS X Version: Sierra 10.12.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K SkyLake 4.0GHZ
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
Graphics: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980Ti 6GB
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2400MHz
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB
Optical Drive: LG WH16NS40 16x Blu-Ray Rewriter
WiFi Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800
Power Supply: Corsair CX750M 750 Watt
Liquid Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H60
Multi-Media Reader: NZXT Aperture M 5.25 Bay
Bluetooth: IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-02 Redshift ATX Special Edition Gaming Case
Monitor: Samsung U28E590D 28" Ultra HD LED

BIOS SETTINGS:
a.) Optimized Defaults
b.) Super IO: Disabled
c.) XHCI Handoff: Enabled
d.) IOAPIC Entries: Disabled
e.) Wake on LAN: Disabled
f.) Storage Boot Option Control: UEFI Only

1.) You will need a 16GB Bootable USB loaded with Sierra - CLICK HERE FOR THE GUIDE

2.) Once you get to STEP 5: Post Installation with MultiBeast..... You will need to Choose your Drivers
a.) If this is a fresh installation, click Quick Start. UEFI Boot Mode is the best option.
b.) Drivers: Network: Atheros E2200Ethernet v2.2.0 & USB: Increase Max Port Limit & USB: 3rd Party USB 3.0
c.) Then go to BUILD and click INSTALL.

3.) Now we get the NVIDIA Graphics Driver. Follow the guide on how to enable NvidiaWeb - CLICK HERE FOR SIERRA DRIVER

4.) To mount your EFI partition, download "EFI Mounter v3". once you have the software, run it and put in necessary info until you see the folder EFI. Here is the Order: EFI -> CLOVER -> config.plist . You are more than welcome to replace your config.plist with mine I have provided. I would also recommend to use "clover configurator" to edit your config.plist. You can also use "TextEdit" which is already on your Mac. Here is the order. RightClick config.plist -> Open With -> Other... -> Scroll Down Until You See TextEdit.

NOT WORKING
1.) The audio does not work on my board. Have not received the correct kexts for audio. FIXED!!!!! Solution is posted by JMAC below.
2.) Sleep Mode is still messing up. FIXED!!!! went into my config.plist and changed my darkwake. #'s 0-4 did not work for me. # 8 worked flawlessly. darkwake=8 . I now have a full functioning sleep & auto sleep.

HOPE THIS HELPED AND I WILL BE UPDATING PERIODICALLY. CHEERS

Hey KyleKeagy, thank you so much for your config.plist, helped me a lot! Sorry for my poor English, I'm italian. I have a very similar motherboard, I still have no audio, I didn't understand correctly the way to fix it.

But the graphic card driver is more important, and I don't know what I have to do to make the driver work. When you say "3.) Now we get the NVIDIA Graphics Driver. Follow the guide on how to enable NvidiaWeb" its to follow this instructions ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/ ) ? May I have to add more lines to config.plist?

Is the config.plist attached in your post is your final file? I mean, did you changed anything after attached the file here? I realy appreciate if you can help me to make my gtx960 work and also my audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back