Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 + 980Ti 6GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT JUST SLEPT SUCCESSFULLY FOR THE FIRST TIME!

Still working on it though...
Ok. I will try to follow how to do the USB injection for my system. need to look more into it. and congrats on the sleep! I tried darkwake=10 the other day and it worked for me except the audio stops working after waking up. I would love to hear more about how you were able to fix the power issue.

Ok. I will try to follow how to do the USB injection for my system. need to look more into it. and congrats on the sleep! I tried darkwake=10 the other day and it worked for me except the audio stops working after waking up. I would love to hear more about how you were able to fix the power issue.
Of course man. I will write something up more fully tomorrow to get you on the right path. My Hack is sleeping without any darkwake boot flag at all. I just let it sleep for about 30 min while I finished up a TV show and then tried sound on wake and it worked just fine.

There are a few more things that I want to work on before I write a full guide. But getting sleep to work has been high up on my priority list.

In the mean time, I am going to bed. I have lost too much sleep over this thing ha.

Of course man. I will write something up more fully tomorrow to get you on the right path. My Hack is sleeping without any darkwake boot flag at all. I just let it sleep for about 30 min while I finished up a TV show and then tried sound on wake and it worked just fine.

There are a few more things that I want to work on before I write a full guide. But getting sleep to work has been high up on my priority list.

In the mean time, I am going to bed. I have lost too much sleep over this thing ha.
Sounds good JMAC. Take your time.

Can you open Terminal, paste this command and hit enter?
Code:
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

This will basically ask your Hack if it is running the AppleLPC kext. Which, from my understanding, should be running for proper power management.

JMacIV,

Code:
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleLPC.kext
works for me -- perhaps we just need to load this manually? What other tests are there to see if this is loaded properly?

JMacIV,

Code:
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleLPC.kext
works for me -- perhaps we just need to load this manually? What other tests are there to see if this is loaded properly?
Tantamount,

The point is to have LPC load without having to load it manually :)

I figured out how to get that done. I am in the process of writing up a full guide as to how I got where I am now with a system that I believe works almost fully. Took a break from typing that up though to work on trying to get both my Nvidia and Intel graphics functioning at the same time. Would love to have both so I can drive one display using my Nvidia and the other display using my TB 3 port on mobo. I will explain everything more fully in that. Short story though is that you need to use an add-on SSDT in order to accomplish LPC loading on its own. I will post that SSDT in my guide. Be aware though that you are using a different board than Kyle and I.

JMac

Tantamount,

The point is to have LPC load without having to load it manually :)

I figured out how to get that done. I am in the process of writing up a full guide as to how I got where I am now with a system that I believe works almost fully. Took a break from typing that up though to work on trying to get both my Nvidia and Intel graphics functioning at the same time. Would love to have both so I can drive one display using my Nvidia and the other display using my TB 3 port on mobo. I will explain everything more fully in that. Short story though is that you need to use an add-on SSDT in order to accomplish LPC loading on its own. I will post that SSDT in my guide. Be aware though that you are using a different board than Kyle and I.

JMac

If AppleLPC is in kextcache then means its loaded. You can always verify in ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

The USB fix makes the proper USB ports injected. It also helps tell your system which ports are USB 3 vs USB 2. In our boards, all are 3. Mine is tuned for my board (by that I mean, I use some of the internal ports, not sure if you do). Proper USB injection is part of getting the system to sleep since it needs to know what ports are being used, which ones are internal, etc.

Clearly, I do not have the sleep fully worked out, but I am working on it.

As far as USB speeds, you can download XBench to test your USB Read/Write speeds for a flash drive: http://xbench.com
So before I try to patch my USB. I wanted to see what speeds I'm getting currently. My Motherboard Main Hub of USB 3.0 Ports were giving me around the same numbers. The F_USB30_1 Hub and F_USB30_2 Hub are the other 4 USB 3.0 slots I have currently installed. All results are posted. Let me know what you think. Now onto the patch fixes!

Attachments

• 3.0 TEST F_USB30_2.txt
    612 bytes · Views: 164
  • 3.0 TEST F_USB30_1.txt
    612 bytes · Views: 155
  • 3.0 Test Main Back Hub.txt
    612 bytes · Views: 135
  • 3.1 Test .txt
    612 bytes · Views: 158
So before I try to patch my USB. I wanted to see what speeds I'm getting currently. My Motherboard Main Hub of USB 3.0 Ports were giving me around the same numbers. The F_USB30_1 Hub and F_USB30_2 Hub are the other 4 USB 3.0 slots I have currently installed. All results are posted. Let me know what you think. Now onto the patch fixes!
Those appear to be pretty solid USB 3.0 speeds. USB 2.0 tops out at like 60 MBps, while USB 3 is like 480 MBps. If you were using a flash drive to check it out, I would google the model number and see what its advertised Read/Write speeds are. If it's a relatively inexpensive one, then those 120-140 speeds you are seeing are correct. That seems right.

Part of using a USB SSDT patch is so you do not have to use the raise limit patch long term, which if I remember correctly, can lead to some kind of corruption long term. At least that was my understanding. You can read here for more info: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Hey Kyle,

Not sure if you were ever able to get the onboard audio working or not. I got all my parts yesterday including this board (typing from this new Hack as we speak).

In order to get the Creative audio to work, check out this link. (I hope its okay to post this link...) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...per-m3-patch-for-applehda-or-voodoohda/page-1

This worked for my board (same as yours).

From MultiBeast, in the Audio section - Install the Realtek 100 Series Audio patch.

At the bottom of the first post, there are files for 10.12. One has a working C/Sub channel, the other has the front headphone jack working. Unfortunately, we cannot have both. So pick whichever option you want. You also have to download Codec Commander. Install both of these to /S/L/E.

Finally, edit you config.plist to inject audio = 0 under Devices -> Audio, like this.
Code:
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>0</string>
        </dict>

I will attach codec commander and the updated AppleHDA for C/Sub. C/Sub is the option I went with instead of Front Headphones.

Hope this helps.

JMac

Edit: Forgot to credit KenCar and his Z170X-Gaming 7 build on El Cap, that got me initially pointed in the direction of the El Cap fix for our board, and then followed that down the rabbit hole to find the Sierra fix ha. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-ga-z170x-gaming-7-6700k-gtx960-with-10-11-5.192418/

Edit 2: Added 100 Series Audio Patch as requirement and removed it from being a side note that it may be required.
Hi JMac,

Thank you it works :)

Recommend new users to use Kext Utility:
http://www.badjoerichards.com/apps/developerhack/install-kext-mac-os-easily/

to install the kexts , it's faster, easier and safer , my audio card appeared when using these to install AppleHDA and Codec Commander kexts from JMac.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back