Contribute
Register

SUCCESS !!! Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 + Intel 4930k 3.4ghz + GTX 780 Mavericks 10.9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
770 works with?

gtx 770 works with this build according to BROER.

posts 32-35

SUCCESS!!!

used 10.9.3
and had to type "-v npci=0x3000 cpus=1 -f" instead of just -v -f npci=0x3000 after OS X installation

Thanks a bunch Afuera for the guide and help
CHEERS!!
:headbang:

I would like to point out that this alone helped me using 10.9.4! Otherwise it would cycle through the black text then restart! Thanks to everyone!

I have the same board with the same processor, and I installed when 10.9.4 was out so that is the version I am on. My audio drivers have not worked yet and I have ran multibeast 6.3.1 and then again when it updated to 6.4 and still I have nothing.

Are there any flags that cause them to not load? I thought originally that since I was on 10.9.4 it was because I needed multibeast update but that apparently is not the case.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I would like to point out that this alone helped me using 10.9.4! Otherwise it would cycle through the black text then restart! Thanks to everyone!

Thanks to all, I updated the guide so you will be able to install 10.9.4

Ok, just set up a box with this build, following the instructions here and using 10.9.4. Thank you very much! I don't know how long time this would have taken me to figure out otherwise. Worked like a charm.

The GTX 780 is fully up running, with CUDA and all that, working in Blender too.

Did anyone experience problems connecting to the box using Screen Sharing, or is it just me?

Found the latest CUDA driver here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/136157-nvidia-cuda-6-0-driver-update-os-x-10-9-4-mavericks-2.html

I have a similar build, except with the GTX 770, and managed to get it to work this weekend.

On my first go-round, it didn't work since I was using the original Mavericks installer (10.9.1?), and I kept getting the black screen that went nowhere. Once I downloaded 10.9.4, it liked this, along with the -v npci=0x3000 cpus=1 -f option mentioned earlier in the thread.

I didn't experience the exceptionally long pauses during boot ups, perhaps a minute at most between getting to the bright gray screen to getting to the darker gray screen, so that was reassuring.

Interesting note: the network adapter worked out-of-the-box, until I ran multi beast, then it stopped working. (I didn't select a network driver, since it was working). So I had to use Multibeast to fix it after the fact, and although fussy at first, seems to be working okay now. I wonder if I should select one of the more recent network drivers, than what was originally recommended in this thread?

Most everything else worked easily as well, including the GTX 770 out-of-the-box. I was glad about that, and it's very beautiful to behold!

However, my last hurdle is to get the audio working. I tried switching to the Chameleon boot loader, but this didn't solve anything for me. OS X says there is no sound adapter in my computer. (It works fine in Windoze, of course).

Are there any other suggestions for getting the sound to work? Naturally I selected the ALC892 adapter in multi beast, and as mentioned, I installed Chameleon later. No luck so far.

Thanks in advance!

However, my last hurdle is to get the audio working. I tried switching to the Chameleon boot loader, but this didn't solve anything for me. OS X says there is no sound adapter in my computer. (It works fine in Windoze, of course).

Are there any other suggestions for getting the sound to work? Naturally I selected the ALC892 adapter in multi beast, and as mentioned, I installed Chameleon later. No luck so far.

Thanks in advance!

Did you try installing HDAenabler.kext? I had the same problem but then read here about that, tried it and the audio device appeared and works fine. Even get digital optical audio out :)

Did you all get USB 3.0 working? For me it behaves strange. When I try with a 1 TB 2.5 inch drive it works in the two USB 3 ports on the top of the box (connected to the ones on the board) but it only works in one of the ports on the back. And I tried with several 4 TB 3.5 inch drives that showed up sometimes, sometimes not, ejected after a while and could not be read or written.

Any solutions out there? I updated the GenericUSBXHCI kext but to no avail.

Update: Now I read that OS X supports the USB 3.0 chip on this board (Fresco FL1009) natively these days. So I just removed that GenericUSBXHCI kext. It did not get worse at least. The USB ports appear in System Profile (2 x 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus, 2 x 3.0 SuperSpeed Bus and then the 2.0 ones). So it all looks fine. When I plug in a USB drive it shows up in Disk Utility and looks fine. But when you look at the drive in Finder it takes long time for the files to be listed. When you access a file the drive is sometimes ejected. And if you try to write to it it always ejects after a short while.

I can plug in 3.0 devices in 2.0 ports with no problem, as well as 2.0 devices in 3.0 ports.

I'm happy for you afuera
In my case I can not even install OS X
Maybe because I have the bios F7?
I apologize for the language and the grammar is not perfect, I'm Italian.
If someone can give me a hand I would be grateful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back