Contribute
Register

SUCCESS !!! Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 + Intel 4930k 3.4ghz + GTX 780 Mavericks 10.9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right afuera, I should be more patient. I assumed it would be easier than it has been, especially since I purchased the recommended HW (except graphics card) and followed the installation guide step-by-step. And when I couldn't install Mavericks I found your post, which got me over that hurdle. But still have the extremely sloooooow OS I'm dealing with. So I'm reviewing and redoing everything again. Basically starting from scratch.

On your BIOS setup, why did you disable Turbo Boost? Did you turn that back on after Mavericks was loaded of keep it off? And I assume you added more RAM back in after everything was done?

@vmcney

Have you already tried installing Chameleon 2.2 (r3277) as suggested by Afuera? It did solve my slow graphics and audio issues some months ago...
I deem a better solution can be using new Chimera 3.0 just compiled by Macman and based on Chameleon 2378 ...

That's a great idea. I'm redoing everything from scratch, and will run Chimera 3.0 when I get it to that point. From what I've read it just might be what I need. I hope anyway. Thanks.

vmcney

As I and crismac2013 told you, Chameleon 2.2 (r3277) is the key... from what I remember.

Also you Chameleon fixes the incorrect Processor Clock Speed in the ABOUT MY MAC window.

Just download and install... is that easy. Sorry the link before was broken I think. Now this is it:thumbup::

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/59-chameleon-22-svn/

Sorry fkenned1 I didnt ran it to that... Neither I have the F7 Bios... sorry. Good Luck though, you are about to build a real beast! It will make ours look as a joke haha:clap:

I can confirm Chimera 3.0 functionality...it is as good as Chameleon solution in fixing every aforementioned issue ...

I had to load Linux to see what is going on with this box. I ran some test and it seems the CPU is only running at 1.2 GHz for some reason. Looks as if it's a hardware problem.

Does anyone know how to get HWmonitor working on the GA-X79-UP4 with the 4930k? I can't get any monitoring app to see my CPU MOBO or Video card. It sees the hard drives though.

CPU: i7 4390k [email protected]
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz
Mobo: GA-x79-UP4
GPU1: Nvidia GTX780
GPU2: Nvidia GTX780
Hard Drive Array: 4x2gb 7200rpm software RAID0
System and Scratch Drive: 2x 512 ssd’s, not raided
Case Fans:9
Power Supply: Corsair tx750

Hi,

I tried to setup my system:
Intel Core Extreme i7-4930K 6 X 3.4GHz 12MB
GA-X79-UP4
ZALMAN Reserator 3 Max
4 x
KINGSTON Hyper X 8192MB 1600MHz DDR3
GIGABYTE nVIDIA Geforce N640OC2-GI 2GDDR3

After running MultiBeast successfully I can't boot the system without this string in the boot options:
-v -f npci=0x3000

Any idea?

Update -> I manually added npci=0x2000 to
<key>Kernel Flags</key> and it works!

Thanks!

I have the same build
as you except my graphics card is different
gigabyte x79 up4
intel 4930k
geforce 760

Thank you for your settings! Saved me so much confusion! and got the build working for me!
BUT here is my problem when I finnaly got to the desktop it showed I had a 10.9.3 version
and my computer is running slow, like the mouse moving slow the applications animation I can see slow
idk why, is it because I followed your build for a 10.9.3
is there a way I can download just 10.9.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back